VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello, can a permanently included subtitle be deleted from the background of the image taken from a series? Can you help me please with some advice?

[Attachment 61547 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  2. If you have the videofile, i am pretty sure, because this subtitle looks like pgs (it is soft)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by flashandpan007 View Post
    If you have the videofile, i am pretty sure, because this subtitle looks like pgs (it is soft)

I understand what program I can use to delete subtitles because
    I tried with MKVTOOLNIX, but it doesn't display the subtitle, it just shows the video file?
    Last edited by Valentin98; 1st Nov 2021 at 11:56.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Valentin98 View Post
    Originally Posted by flashandpan007 View Post
    If you have the videofile, i am pretty sure, because this subtitle looks like pgs (it is soft)

I tried with MKVTOOLNIX, but it doesn't display the subtitle, it just shows the video file?
    Then it is most likely hard subbed and you will need to use a filter and or plugin or script to remove it, which will require the enter video be reencoded.
    VirtualDub MSU Subtitle Remover
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Kakujitsu View Post
    Originally Posted by Valentin98 View Post
    Originally Posted by flashandpan007 View Post

Then it is most likely hard subbed and you will need to use a filter and or plugin or script to remove it, which will require the enter video be reencoded.
    VirtualDub MSU Subtitle Remover

Thanks so much for the recommendation I hope it works
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If the subtitle is burned-in then it is a permanent part of the video. In that case "subtitle removal"means the subtitle will be blurred or replaced with black rectangles in the re-encoded video.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    If the subtitle is burned-in then it is a permanent part of the video. In that case "subtitle removal"means the subtitle will be blurred or replaced with black rectangles in the re-encoded video.

I will try whatever it is thanks for the answer! 😉
    Quote Quote