VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I just bought a sony multi region blu ray DVD player with USB drive from US Amazon
    Heres a pic
    [Attachment 61373 - Click to enlarge]

Blu ray plays great, USB drive plays great but my regular DVDs the audio and video are out of sync. Sometime they play good sometimes out of sync. Most times out of sync..
    I tried this
    [Attachment 61374 - Click to enlarge]

No good
    This is my TV info. Its an LG SmartTV bought in Mexico. (I live in Mexico with my mom.)
    [Attachment 61375 - Click to enlarge]

WHEW! Please tell me thats enough info.. surely you got enough info from that Amazon page… i took it before i got it…just in case something goes wrong. A habit i have when ordering from Amazon.
    Im at my wits end!!������☹️ I basically bought this to watch my old DVDs some not available on blu ray… come to find out that they wont play in sync… none of them. Sometimes they do, most times not, no rhyme or reason. I read somewhere that older blu rays have trouble player in nwer blu ray DVD players, is that true??
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Home made/burned DVDs?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Firstly, read this

https://www.sony.com.my/electronics/support/articles/00026069

Now expanding on the dvds since you have purchased a Region Free unit what commercial disks are giving the problem ? If they are PAL 25fps that could possibly explain it. So also check your tv settings.

BTW Sony DO NOT manufacture Region Free players. Your unit has been modified so you have no recourse to Sony for any guarantee. And if they agreed to fix any fault they would more than likely remove any modification that made it Region Free.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    No.. these are NOT home made DVDs, these are real store bought DVDs (are they called “commercial”?)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Commercial = real store bought.

Now what about the Region etc. Or why spend double on a Region Free player ? Mexico is NTSC/Region 1. Right ?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    The pic shows its Multi Region. Because i live in Mexico and alot of thier DVDs are regoin 4 only.
    Do multiregion players have these problems? No one told me this! ��
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    They should not. But, there again, one does not know what the mod does.

So go through the suggestions in the link I posted above.

(My bad. I did not realise that Mexico was Region 4 for dvd whereas for Blu Ray it is the same as the US)
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    Yes i read thst and… to be honest, most of it went right over my head. Someone is coming over in 2 weeks to have a look at it and hell know.
    What is a MOD?
    If thst Multi region/ outofsync connection is true, I REALLY screwed up! ☹️☹️��
    Last edited by DBR70; 21st Oct 2021 at 09:24.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by DBR70 View Post
    I just bought a sony multi region blu ray DVD player with USB drive from US Amazon
    Heres a pic
    [Attachment 61373 - Click to enlarge]

Blu ray plays great, USB drive plays great but my regular DVDs the audio and video are out of sync. Sometime they play good sometimes out of sync. Most times out of sync..
    I tried this
    [Attachment 61374 - Click to enlarge]

No good
    This is my TV info. Its an LG SmartTV bought in Mexico. (I live in Mexico with my mom.)
    [Attachment 61375 - Click to enlarge]

WHEW! Please tell me thats enough info.. surely you got enough info from that Amazon page… i took it before i got it…just in case something goes wrong. A habit i have when ordering from Amazon.
    Im at my wits end!!������☹️ I basically bought this to watch my old DVDs some not available on blu ray… come to find out that they wont play in sync… none of them. Sometimes they do, most times not, no rhyme or reason. I read somewhere that older blu rays have trouble player in nwer blu ray DVD players, is that true??
    does your tv or home theater system have an audio delay or audio/video sync setting in the menu ??
    if yes, then make the adjustment in the tv or home theater system - https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/articles/00025203
    and see this article - https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/articles/00026069
    Last edited by october262; 21st Oct 2021 at 10:00.
    Quote Quote