VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hello,

I searched the google and forums for this problem that I have, but there is nothing to find. My problem is still present
    This is also my first post so first of all congratulations for well organized and contained forum.

Explanation of problem:
    This problem is only in video files that camera splits into more than one file.
    That video was recorded using Sony FDR-AX100. The files have .MTS extension (see attachment for video codec type and audio format).
    Video is longer and because of the ACHD 2GB limitation Sony splits it into more video files. Last video file of that video files in a row is OK, but any file that contains video that continues missing audio at the few frames at the end of that video file. That also affects the synchronization and it's important to note that every next video file in that video file row will play audio later than video.
    When I play files in Media Player Classic I can recognize that few frames at the end of video missing audio.
    Things are more complicated when I use two cameras resulting not properly synced videos Multicam.

My solution (hard one):
    I manually shorten the audio so that the empty space at the end is neutralized, and shift the audio from next file making that audio is continued and the result is perfect.
    But next files in that file row contains the audio that has more empty waveform than the first one, so that makes things more difficult resulting more time and patience to manually adjust the audio and video from these files.

Things I also tried(in Premiere):
    Reseting Premiere settings
    Cleaning Media Cache
    Converting fileswith MediaEncoder leaves same problem in converted files
    "Render and replace" leaves same "gap"
    "Edit clip in Audition" leaves same "gap"
    I installed recently Mainconcept Codec Suite 5 and it makes that few frames of audio "gap" at the end is filled with few frames of audio before the "gap" and makes problem more difficult (I uninstalled it and now is like before).

Is there any logic solution for this? Is this camera problem in generating files?

The pics attached:
    61369 - Result of imported and placed in sequence, .MTS file in Premiere and Edius.
    61370 - Audition screenshot when "Edit in Adobe Audition" is used in Premiere.
    61371 - File info in Premiere
    61372 - My solution

[Attachment 61369 - Click to enlarge]

[Attachment 61370 - Click to enlarge]

[Attachment 61371 - Click to enlarge]

[Attachment 61372 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  2. Join them with TSSplitter and then import the whole long MTS file into your editor. It only works with files that are split by the camera of the continous recording. Don't work with manually stopped and started splits.
    This method worked perfect for me with all Panasonic, Sony and Canon AVCHD recordings.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by lpmaskman View Post
    Join them with TSSplitter and then import the whole long MTS file into your editor. It only works with files that are split by the camera of the continous recording. Don't work with manually stopped and started splits.
    This method worked perfect for me with all Panasonic, Sony and Canon AVCHD recordings.
    Thanks for reply. I'm joining the files now and I will inform you about results.
    This method is also time and space consuming I think, if someone have a clue why is this happening please let us know.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Drag the entire folder structure into Premiere from at least one level above the PRIVATE folder. This will merge the spanned clips and maintain sync. This is by design. The camera understands it and Premiere understands it.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by smrpix View Post
    Drag the entire folder structure into Premiere from at least one level above the PRIVATE folder. This will merge the spanned clips and maintain sync. This is by design. The camera understands it and Premiere understands it.
    The problem is that I transfer only the .MTS clips from camera, not whole structure.
    Method with joining files is the smartest solution for now.
    Last edited by Skarep; 31st Oct 2021 at 06:06.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I used to have the same problem with my AVCHD recordings, I also found and used a mts joiner program (not the one mentioned here, it was also freeware and very simple to use, I just can´t remember its name) but then I learned the PROPER way to import that kind of clips into Premiere (and felt like a fool fopr not using it before), that way is what smrpix describes. When you use a joiner program, like you said, you get another big file and therefore space consuming not to mention that you´re adding an aditional (and unnecessary) step to the process. Try it, make a test (it´ll cost you nothing), after you do it, if you still prefer your method, it Ok, but if not you´ll have discovered the True smartest solution.
    Quote Quote  
  7. TSMuxer does this reliably in my experience. (Choose “M2TS muxing”, and “Join” rather than “Add”.) (The less advanced video editor I've been using for years does not allow importing the AVCHD structure and automatic joining of spanned recordings, perhaps it has changed in later updates.)

(I'll have to re-watch “Astro” at some point... when I was that high, I never missed it, it was one of the few highlights of the week, I remember that it was broadcast at 3:15PM, but otherwise I have zero recollection of it.)
    Quote Quote