VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i would like to record (download as played) my videos on sites like YouTube as i see them through my Firefox browser. is there a way to get Firefox to do that? i want to do this as i browse so switching to a different browser is not an option. also i am running on Xubuntu Linux 18.04.6 LTS, and currently have Firefox 93. the goal is to study how they insert them to make the video so it works smoother.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It occurs to me that you could capture the screen with OBS and browse incognito window.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Skaperen View Post
    the goal is to study how they insert them to make the video so it works smoother.
    I have serious trouble understanding this goal.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    As noted, the only way is to record the screen as the video plays.

But it is pointless. Ads are not inserted in to the actual video. Your uploaded video is only re-encoded. Download it and you still have the same video that you uploaded typically with a different bitrate. Their player pauses your video, plays the ad(s) - which you can sometimes skip - and restarts playback where it left off.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Right click and copy to clipboard. Then put that in YouTube dl
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by s-mp View Post
    Right click and copy to clipboard. Then put that in YouTube dl

Oh come on. The OP asked how to download the Ads. You can NOT download the Ads as part of the video stream.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Ferggue View Post
    It occurs to me that you could capture the screen with OBS and browse incognito window.
    i don't know OBS. if it can capture the whole screen as video and sync tight to the frames being played (especially by Firefox) then it can have a lot of uses. i have tried running a screen capture program in a timed loop (no syncing at all) and at about 4 fps it just did not work well (frames out of order, etc).
    Quote Quote