VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. How can I change the Title name of a video I downloaded from Youtube? It seems Apple iPhone 12 won't let you keep any Youtube Videos to play on your phone. Whenever I add videos I've downloaded to my Mac the physical .mp4 video then using iTunes I upload the video to my iPhone within a few days Apple deletes all the Youtube videos from my phone. Almost like a Bank taking money out of my account money just disappears and so do the videos they just disappear from my iPhone. That said I tried just changing the file name but when I examined the .mp4 file by just playing the Youtube video on my iMac I see the Title in the title bar above the video screen has the original Video name not the file name I changed it to. I'd like to change the video Title and perhaps it will allow the video to be played and not removed by the Apple demons from my iPhone. Any help with how to change the actual Title embedded somewhere in the Video file would be a good challenge here. Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. I believe you can remux with ffmpeg to remove metadata:

https://oofnivek.medium.com/remove-mp4-metadata-334540d52dc9

Another method: since metadata is plain text you can use a hex editor to overwrite it. Ie, change Title=VideoTitle to Title=xxxxxxxxxx.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Apple phones are not worth using anymore since they can't be repaired by outside sources even with genuine parts plus they do what you described because it's built into the software.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thanks sounds like a good start for people that know how to command line code, I'm a newbie so way above my pay grade. If there is an app that can change Titles of the Youtube video that would be easier, please let me know. Apple never used to remove Youtube videos from the iPhones, this is something new and very strange that they can access my iPhone and delete files at their will. What will Apple do next?
    Quote Quote  
  5. ffmpegx is available for OSX.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I just tried MP3tag and the interface is nice and the solution is easy with the app. THANKS
    Quote Quote  
  7. Tried ffmpegX but it doesn't work with MacOS BigSur
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I use a walled off disk manager (search for "disk drive" in iTunes) to house my mp3's. videos and pdfs - they all play etc as they should but without having to use iTunes, upload them from your pc via a file browser .Apple not allowing a filesystem , stops me using my phone like a pc. Also , I dislike iTunes, it's as usable as two bricks tied together.
    Llamas are for life , not just for christmas
    Quote Quote  
  9. Hi Sartori, On my iMac I use Quicktime Player to play all mp3 and mp4 videos but I need iTunes to upload my mp4 videos to my iPhone. Is there another app I can use to upload mp4 videos to my iPhone 12? Some other folder on the iPhone where perhaps Apple Demons can't remove them?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The iphone "disc drives" use any browser you have - I plug in my iphone to my PC, turn on filesharing in the disk drive program settings and it provides a local URL to type into the browser url bar - eg http://192.168.0.88 , it then shows a webpage of the disk and its folder, I go into whatever folder I want to upload to on screen and then press a "upload" button on the side of the screen. A requestor comes up to select files and then press go/upload .The files then upload to my phone and accessible by opening the disk and clicking on a file.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Hi Sartori, Thanks for the info. Have you tested this with like a video.mp4 files if they play and what's the interface look like is there a video preview and video name associated to the video? Thanks again.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have a ton of mp4s on it, they play perfectly. The interface is just a list of files (but icons to denote that it's a video file) - no video preview and the filename is perfectly preserved from the original on my pc.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Well after changing the names of the MP4 files and the titles of the video a week later Apple removed all 46 videos I uploaded to my iPhone 12 and cleaned out the videos they were residing in the Apple TV downloads and were also showing up in the video downloads under Apple TV.
    Quote Quote