VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

I got two videos. One is mp4. The other is mkv. But I can easily extract the video strem or remux it to any container if needed.

I want to find - even manually - the same frame and then to be able to see the exact difference in frames. Any suggestions how to do it?
    I don't need any automated tool as this is one time job for me.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Open both with two instances of VirtualDub2.
    Find same frame.
    Number of frame is shown under scrollbar.
    Subtract.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Quint View Post
    Open both with two instances of VirtualDub2.
    Find same frame.
    Number of frame is shown under scrollbar.
    Subtract.
    Brilliant
    thx a lot!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If it is hard to find which frame is exactly like the image, I find it manually. Just create an image that you wish to find:

Code:
    ffmpeg -ss 04.333 -i new.mp4 -vframes 1 -q:v 2 text.jpg

creates image such as:
    [Attachment 61297 - Click to enlarge]

Now run cmd script:
    Code:
    ffmpeg.exe -i video.mp4 -loop 1 -i image.jpg -an -filter_complex "blend=difference:shortest=1,blackframe=99:32" -f null - 2> text.txt
    (omit 2> text.txt if you just want on screen and no text file) This spits out the frames whose difference between the input image is less than 32 for 99% of the pixels.

You will get some gobble-di-gook that windows throws in and then the line showing blackframe similarity of 100% at frame 130:
    [Parsed_blackframe_1 @ 06f12000] frame:130 pblack:100 pts:4333329 t:4.333329 type:P last_keyframe:0
    frame= 603 fps=342 q=-0.0 Lsize=N/A time=00:00:20.09 bitrate=N/A speed=11.4x
    video:240kB audio:0kB subtitle:0kB other streams:0kB global headers:0kB muxing overhead: unknown

Depending on if the image is taken from the original video or not you might be able to substitute 100 for 99 or some other Percentage depending if the video is lighter or darker.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    are you wanting to get the time difference between two different frame numbers
    -or-
    are you wanting to get the visual difference between the pixels that look similar such as from two copies of the same or similar video?
    Quote Quote