VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    There have been numerous posts about this, concatenating and/or using ffmpeg, but I just can't seem to get it to work no matter what combinations I try. I suspect it's because I don't have an "init" file - or is the dash file the init file? I tried appending them all together with .dash as the first file and that didn't work either.

Could some kind person help this old lady out with an idiots set of instructions for Windows 10?

I can use cmd.exe / .bat and I have ffmpeg. I can also use youtube-dl to stream to a .MP4 (which works) but I want to use iPlayer to manage download of series, hence the desire to address this.

Now that BBC iPlayer have finally caught up with the concept of variable bandwidth streaming it now delivers videos in chunks rather than as a single MP4, so historic methods of DRM removal don't work. Now you get this sort of thing (abbreviated and renamed for conciseness, the actual file set is 902 audio .m4s files and another 902 video .m4s files, plus of course 2 dash files):
    • audio.dash
    • audio01.m4s
    • audio02.m4s
    • video.dash
    • video01.m4s
    • video02.m4s

How do I turn this file set into an MP4 on Windows?

Thanks
    Last edited by Kim_; 12th Oct 2021 at 13:37.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No, I have ended up selecting each episode and running youtube-dl manually for each one.
    Quote Quote