VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am a newbie to AviSynth and have been experimenting with SMDegrain and QTGMC. I wrote the following script and am happy with the result. I have been primarily rendering using VirtualDub2. It works fine for short length videos but crashes when I try to process my entire video which is approximately 90 minutes long. Source video is uncompressed AVI YUY2 at 720x480. I have been able to successfully render using FFMPEG command line but this is cumbersome. I have been looking into using Hybrid but cannot figure out how to exactly replicate my script. I read in a previous post from Selur ( https://forum.selur.net/thread-1801-post-11583.html#pid11583 ) that importing a previously written script was possible as long as certain conditions were followed. I tried to follow the instructions from that post but it doesn't work. Hybrid immediately quits when I attempt to load the script. My AviSynth script is as follows:

Code:
    ClearAutoloadDirs()
    SetFilterMTMode("DEFAULT_MT_MODE", MT_MULTI_INSTANCE)
    #
    LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth+\plugins64+\AddGrainC.dll")
    LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth+\plugins64+\avstp.dll")
    LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth+\plugins64+\ConvertStacked.dll")
    LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth+\plugins64+\DePan.dll")
    LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth+\plugins64+\DePanEstimate.dll")
    LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth+\plugins64+\DirectShowSource.dll")
    LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth+\plugins64+\dither.dll")
    LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth+\plugins64+\ffms2.dll")
    LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth+\plugins64+\ImageSeq.dll")
    LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth+\plugins64+\masktools2.dll")
    LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth+\plugins64+\MedianBlur2.dll")
    LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth+\plugins64+\mvtools2.dll")
    LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth+\plugins64+\nnedi3.dll")
    LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth+\plugins64+\RgTools.dll")
    LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth+\plugins64+\Shibatch.dll")
    LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth+\plugins64+\TimeStretch.dll")
    LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth+\plugins64+\VDubFilter.dll")
    #
    Import("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth+\plugins64+\colors_rgb.avsi")
    Import("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth+\plugins64+\dither.avsi")
    Import("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth+\plugins64+\QTGMC.avsi")
    Import("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth+\plugins64+\SMDegrain.avsi")
    Import("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth+\plugins64+\Zs_RF_Shared.avsi")
    #
    OpenDMLSource("D:Tape #12 Edited.avi", audio=true)
    ConvertToYV16()
    AssumeTFF
    SMDegrain(tr=2,thSAD=300,interlaced=true,contrasharp=true,str=1.2,refinemotion=true,lsb=true,Globals=3)
    SMDegrain(tr=2,thSAD=300,interlaced=true,contrasharp=true,str=1.2,refinemotion=true,lsb=true,Globals=1)
    QTGMC(preset="fast")
    BilinearResize(720,540)
    Crop(0,0,0,-8)
    AddBorders(0,4,0,4)
    Prefetch(4)
    return last
    I also made sure to set Filtering->Support to "Avisynth" and (Config->Internals->Avisynth) to 64bit.

If importing is not possible perhaps someone could assist me with replicating the settings?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Loading the file as source should work. in theory. Look at the Avisynth Preview and the Avisynth Script View to see what happens.
    Make sure to switcth to 64bit Avisynth in Hybrid, save those settings as default and restart Hybrid before loading your source.
    If it does load, check the Avisynth Script View, to make sure you don't have double occurances of set FilterMTMode and similar stuff.

Hybrid immediately quits when I attempt to load the script.
    Does
    Code:
    "..Hybrid/64bit/avsInfo.exe" "Path to your avsFile"
    Properly analyse the file?
    Read https://www.selur.de/support provide a proper debug output of the issue and I might be able to help.

Cu Selur

Ps.: Also posting in the normal Hybrid thread usually is a better idea if you want a fast response, since I get a email when there is an update to that thread.
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Selur View Post
    Loading the file as source should work. in theory. Look at the Avisynth Preview and the Avisynth Script View to see what happens.
    Make sure to switcth to 64bit Avisynth in Hybrid, save those settings as default and restart Hybrid before loading your source.
    If it does load, check the Avisynth Script View, to make sure you don't have double occurances of set FilterMTMode and similar stuff.

Hybrid immediately quits when I attempt to load the script.
    Does
    Code:
    "..Hybrid/64bit/avsInfo.exe" "Path to your avsFile"
    Properly analyse the file?
    Read https://www.selur.de/support provide a proper debug output of the issue and I might be able to help.

Cu Selur

Ps.: Also posting in the normal Hybrid thread usually is a better idea if you want a fast response, since I get a email when there is an update to that thread.

Thank you so much for your response. I am currently on vacation for the next week and will not be able to try your recommendations and until I return home. Look forward to experimenting further. I will make sure and post to your Hybrid thread in the future. Kindest regards!
    Quote Quote