VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I know about LosslessCut, avidemux and VideoReDo. The first two don't make very clean cuts, so you have to either have frames from other scenes or remove part of the scene you are trying to cut out. VideoReDo just seems very buggy and doesn't support a lot of formats.

Are there any other programs like VideoReDo that is less buggy and supports wider range of things like avidemux that also supports encoding keyframes?
    Last edited by kkiller23; 2nd Oct 2021 at 07:31.
    Quote Quote  
  2. If the 1st 2 don't make clean cuts, it means your source file keyframe placement are such that every software will re-encode at least some frames around the cutsite. No software will be able to make the cuts you want on those files without some re-encoding

Solviegmm video splitter is another option to tmpgenc
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    VideoRedo is solid as a rock here on lossless AVIs, MP4s of various flavours, MKV, TS and of course MPEGs. Might be something wrong at your end.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Cleanest and most accurate I have found is FFMpeg IF you script it correctly. Cuts must be between 'I' Frames as almost all cutters do. Thats why you have extra video with some editors/cutters that automaticAlly cut complete IFrame->IFrame segments now matter what you tell them.

FFMpeg wil cut IFrame to most 'P' frames without problems. Most Videos have 3/4 reference frames bewteen P Frames meaning the end point may be up to 3/4 frames short.
    There are frame accurate programs that encode the front and end of a cut if there are not on the correct cut point but most of them a Purchase programs as mentioned earlier.

You can Manually use FMpeg to encode say 'B' frame to 'P' frame before the next I Frame (BBPBBBPBBBP), Then copy I' Frame to I Frame (IBBPBBBPBBBPBBBP) and join togetther. It takes a lot of Knowledge though and is of course slow unless you have a program that automates it.
    Quote Quote