VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    hi anyone know last most powerful of windows processor version required for premiere 6 please? presumably xp but not how many bits etc
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I don't know the answer to your question but can tell you that I run Premiere 6.5 on Windows XP Service Pack 3, 32-bit.

Originally, it was running on an Asus P4C800-E Deluxe motherboard, 1GB Ram with an Intel Pentium 4 @ 3 GHz.

Later on, I upgraded to a Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3L motherboard, 2GB of Ram with Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 @ 2.33GHz. This resulted in a significant speed upgrade.

On both systems, Premiere 6.5 ran well.

creakndale
    Quote Quote  
  3. According to this Premiere 6 was released 20 years ago in 2001:

https://adobe.fandom.com/wiki/Adobe_Premiere_6

I'm guessing XP would probably be the latest Windows you can run it on, you may be able to run it on XP64, but honestly I don't see why you would want to use a 20 year old NLE.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by creakndale View Post
    I don't know the answer to your question but can tell you that I run Premiere 6.5 on Windows XP Service Pack 3, 32-bit.

Originally, it was running on an Asus P4C800-E Deluxe motherboard, 1GB Ram with an Intel Pentium 4 @ 3 GHz.

Later on, I upgraded to a Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3L motherboard, 2GB of Ram with Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 @ 2.33GHz. This resulted in a significant speed upgrade.

On both systems, Premiere 6.5 ran well.

creakndale
    I remember the same, but at that time we edited DV avi video. That would not be enough for nowadays mp4 or even HDV mpeg2 from first HD tape camcorders . Not sure if that Premiere 6.5 would even handle that. So edited content is a question.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Agreed _Al_. When I upgraded to a AVCHD camcorder, I had hoped to edit that High Definition footage in Premiere 6.5, however 6.5 was NOT able to do it. I downloaded the latest (at that time) trial versions of Premiere Elements, Sony Vegas Movie Studio, and one other Non-Linear editor. I was partial to Premiere since I knew version 6.5 so well but so much had changed over the years that all new versions had a steep learning curve. I ended up choosing Vegas Movie Studio and eventually upgraded to the Pro version.

I still use Premiere 6.5, with the Cinema Craft Encoder plug-in, for Standard Definition projects mainly to retain my old skills and I have a preference for how I can manipulate audio in old Premiere 6.5 from the timeline.

creakndale
    Quote Quote