VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    There has never, nor will there ever, be a pause function for video capture.

Just capture the lot and you can do loss-free editing quite easily after.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    There has never, nor will there ever, be a pause function for video capture.
    It's not common but one capture program I had many years ago had a pause (recording) feature. I think it was the software that came with the Hauppauge PVR-250.
    Quote Quote  
  3. "nor will there ever be" ..... thats a sweeping statement.... surely its not rocket science
    it will probably be there in the next generation

For now I ll probly go back to my old system of playing the old videos thru
    my DVD recorder.... using the pause button in there to save what I like
    in aprox 2 minute video files

saving all those on a dvd

putting the dvd into my comp ... extracting the 20 or so video files using the free
    handbrake software

and thats job done rw dvd s are not expensive....
    though they might not be available for much longer... !
    just like they stopped manufacturing video players some time ago !

all thru the 80s 90s etc I recorded bits and pieces of TV
    and never re used the video tapes... thus I have a wardrobe full of
    400 or so tapes to go thru and sort out the best bits.

Last edited by silverstar2003; 4th Oct 2021 at 13:04.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The discussion has come up fairly often.

The 'difficulty' might well have to do with disk access and not corrupting the existing file at the point of resume.

I am not familiar with the device that jagabo mentions but I always thought that Hauppauge devices, and I have owned two, including the one I use right now, used WinTV for capturing. My device uses v7 there are later versions now. The capture window does have a pause button and it does zilch other than pause what you are previewing. Everything is still captured.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by silverstar2003 View Post
    "nor will there ever be" ..... thats a sweeping statement.... surely its not rocket science
    it will probably be there in the next generation.
    Highly unlikely, with the way Microsoft nuking any capability of capturing video in every update odds are not in your favor, Beside who does DVR like this? take a glory widescreen HD digital video from a satellite receiver and butcher it down to a crappy SD analog video just to recapture it back to digital in an inferior SD quality with chopped off sides of frame to fit in 4:3 aspect ratio. I know I wouldn't.
    Quote Quote  
  6. No... my system of using the dvd recorder to record my old vid tapes and then get them
    onto the computor works fine and gives good quality video files no probs

I paid £40 to get the vid2 PC SOFTWARE ... sadly no pause button but it will
    give me the option of getting 600 plus tv channels into my comp and if nothing else having some audio
    to listen to when on the internet....

But just thought of another option..... get my old videos playing on the showbiz software
    then get up that free software..... Debut Video ..... and use that to capture the video playing in
    the tv window.....
    Debut video does have a pause button !!

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It sure does...

And it captures a still image until you press record again. Not really what you want is it ?
    Quote Quote