VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. hello

can u share command 'convert .ts to .mp4 using ffmpeg CMD
    Last edited by grabyea; 28th Sep 2021 at 21:54.
    Quote Quote  
  2. If the audio and video codecs are supported by the mp4 container:
    Code:
    ffmpeg -i input.ts -c:v copy -c:a copy output.mp4
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    If the audio and video codecs are supported by the mp4 container:
    Code:
    ffmpeg -i input.ts -c:v copy -c:a copy output.mp4
    it worked

jagabo ur legend thanks alot sir
    Quote Quote  
  4. jagabo

if i grab live m3u8 stream on ffmpeg and streamlink its gets download in .mkv and .ts if i add .mp4 video its download the stream but its messed up video video doesn't work properly

ffmpeg -i "m3u8 link here" -c copy output.mkv
    ffmpeg -i "m3u8 link here" -c copy output.ts

ffmpeg -i "m3u8 link here" -c copy output.mp4 not works

streamlink

streamlink "m3u8 link here" best -o output.mp4

can you tell me streamlink command which can grab live stream in mp4 without any issue?
    Quote Quote  
  5. You probably need the fast start option:

Code:
    ffmpeg -i "m3u8 link here" -c copy -movflags faststart output.mp4
    mp4 usually has all the information about the video (frame size, frame rate, etc.) at the end of the file. It is written after all the audio and video have been written to the file. If you are terminating a live stream that information may not be appended. Using "-movflags faststart" forces that data to be near the start of the file, before the audio and video streams themselves are added.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    You probably need the fast start option:

Code:
    mp4 usually has all the information about the video (frame size, frame rate, etc.) at the end of the file. It is written after all the audio and video have been written to the file. If you are terminating a live stream that information may not be appended. Using "-movflags faststart" forces that data to be near the start of the file, before the audio and video streams themselves are added.
    sweet! i will check it now

and do you have streamlink command for this too? that would be great!!
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    You probably need the fast start option:

Code:
    downloading fine but suppose if a file size is 100mb when i split that video in 2 or 3 parts , 3 parts size become 100mb to 90 MB why?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by grabyea View Post
    suppose if a file size is 100mb when i split that video in 2 or 3 parts , 3 parts size become 100mb to 90 MB why?
    You mean the mp4 file is smaller than the ts file? That's normal, mp4 has much less overhead than ts.
    Quote Quote