VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Your video links are not working.
    Given the circusmtances that you are recording to a crappy format like DVD you will be better off capturing to DV using firewire to hard drive, Turn the camcorder/walkman line TBC ON, Remove all external TBC's and DVD recorders from the equation.

The most damage you can do to a video is when you capture it to DV then screw it up by recording it to DVD, Double torture.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hopefully this works sorry. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlFg-itMMGo
    Quote Quote  
  3. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by SkyBlues2021 View Post
    What are we looking at here besides the double compression of DV and MPEG-2 topped off with Youtube's h.264 compression? Notice the date on the frame turned into MineCraft blocks.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The dvd does look much better than this. I guess I'm going have to avoid youtube and try to upload a ISO
    Quote Quote  
  5. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    If DVD route is a must forget DV, just connect the camcorder analog output to the DVD recorder input, S-Video connection is better. DV is not doing you any favor here other than adding a layer of unecessary compression, just make sure the line TBC is ON on the tape player.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, Thank you for your reply. I would have liked to have used a dvd recorder, I thought it would be more straightforward as I'm not particularly IT savvy. But I'm having reservations myself. Could you suggest a good laptop/computer for capture? I assume you work offline when capturing.

The youtube video I posted was my sony walkman> svideo to TBC-1000 >svideo to dr-mh30. I will try and post the video again direct from my computer or an ISO. I didn't realised youtube compressed the footage. Sorry.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    The TBC-1000 is your problem here, just connect as follows:
    GV-D200E (Line TBC ON) > S-Video > DVD Recorder
    Capture one hour and see if you get audio sync, If not no need to external TBC, they convert to digital and back to analog, that's double losss. The line TBC in the tape player and the frame synchronizer in the DVD recorder is all what you need.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've shortened the clip I can't see any herringbone on the blue screen.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you for your reply. I thought it's always best to have a TBC in the chain?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by SkyBlues2021 View Post
    Thank you for your reply. I thought it's always best to have a TBC in the chain?
    No, not always. Sometimes they don't work as intended, Especially if the components inside them start to go bad due to age.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you for the info. I've ordered a windows 7 laptop so I hope to post something in the next couple of weeks.
    Quote Quote