VideoHelp Forum

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey Guys,
    I'm new here and just have a question.
    I want to download videos from udemy which i purchased but are DRM protected.
    So i went down the rabbit hole to yt-dlp but I dont know how to get the KID and Key to decrypt everything.
    I tried widevine-l3-guesser but i just dont get the keys on udemy so I guess it doesnt use widevine to encrypt?

[Attachment 60917 - Click to enlarge]

Does someone can help on that topic?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by EssKei View Post
    Hey Guys,
    I'm new here and just have a question.
    I want to download videos from udemy which i purchased but are DRM protected.
    So i went down the rabbit hole to yt-dlp but I dont know how to get the KID and Key to decrypt everything.
    I tried widevine-l3-guesser but i just dont get the keys on udemy so I guess it doesnt use widevine to encrypt?

[Attachment 60917 - Click to enlarge]

Does someone can help on that topic?

Thanks
    Send link and user/pass via private message.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    try with another browser. firefox recommended.
    sometimes not get key with chromium browser but work better with firefox.
    install guesser on firefox, than try it.
    Quote Quote  
  4. From what I see, m3u8 link with no proper encryption, and can be easily downloaded with Streamlink.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Another course seems to be Widevine encrypted.
    The mpd is easily accessible, however, yt-dlp gives an error when trying to download and they don't seem to plan on fixing it.
    https://github.com/yt-dlp/yt-dlp/issues/825

Here's a mpd sample that will work for I don't know how long.
    Code:
    https://www.udemy.com/assets/13301302/encrypted-files/out/v1/634e766a89734e199b9495e6bae93817/06c8dc12da2745f1b0b4e7c2c032dfef/842d4b8e2e014fbbb87c640ddc89d036/index.mpd?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJwYXRoIjoib3V0L3YxLzYzNGU3NjZhODk3MzRlMTk5Yjk0OTVlNmJhZTkzODE3LzA2YzhkYzEyZGEyNzQ1ZjFiMGI0ZTdjMmMwMzJkZmVmLzg0MmQ0YjhlMmUwMTRmYmJiODdjNjQwZGRjODlkMDM2LyIsImV4cCI6MTYzMjg0ODA2Nn0.669St4_qCdjMgx-WkYIrv4k-bfh4L5-r3S0AoMdOTdI&provider=cloudfront&v=1
    The file can be downloaded, uploaded on Github or somewhere, and then yt-dlp can download.
    But this is tedious.
    Anyone know another tool or easier way?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    put mpd on N_m3u8DL-CLI
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by lomero View Post
    put mpd on N_m3u8DL-CLI
    Thank you, this tool doesn't have a problem to download from udemy
    Quote Quote