VideoHelp Forum

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey Guys,
    I'm new here and just have a question.
    I want to download videos from udemy which i purchased but are DRM protected.
    So i went down the rabbit hole to yt-dlp but I dont know how to get the KID and Key to decrypt everything.
    I tried widevine-l3-guesser but i just dont get the keys on udemy so I guess it doesnt use widevine to encrypt?

[Attachment 60917 - Click to enlarge]

Does someone can help on that topic?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by EssKei View Post
    Hey Guys,
    I'm new here and just have a question.
    I want to download videos from udemy which i purchased but are DRM protected.
    So i went down the rabbit hole to yt-dlp but I dont know how to get the KID and Key to decrypt everything.
    I tried widevine-l3-guesser but i just dont get the keys on udemy so I guess it doesnt use widevine to encrypt?

[Attachment 60917 - Click to enlarge]

Does someone can help on that topic?

Thanks
    Send link and user/pass via private message.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    try with another browser. firefox recommended.
    sometimes not get key with chromium browser but work better with firefox.
    install guesser on firefox, than try it.
    Quote Quote  
  4. From what I see, m3u8 link with no proper encryption, and can be easily downloaded with Streamlink.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Another course seems to be Widevine encrypted.
    The mpd is easily accessible, however, yt-dlp gives an error when trying to download and they don't seem to plan on fixing it.
    https://github.com/yt-dlp/yt-dlp/issues/825

Here's a mpd sample that will work for I don't know how long.
    Code:
    https://www.udemy.com/assets/13301302/encrypted-files/out/v1/634e766a89734e199b9495e6bae93817/06c8dc12da2745f1b0b4e7c2c032dfef/842d4b8e2e014fbbb87c640ddc89d036/index.mpd?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJwYXRoIjoib3V0L3YxLzYzNGU3NjZhODk3MzRlMTk5Yjk0OTVlNmJhZTkzODE3LzA2YzhkYzEyZGEyNzQ1ZjFiMGI0ZTdjMmMwMzJkZmVmLzg0MmQ0YjhlMmUwMTRmYmJiODdjNjQwZGRjODlkMDM2LyIsImV4cCI6MTYzMjg0ODA2Nn0.669St4_qCdjMgx-WkYIrv4k-bfh4L5-r3S0AoMdOTdI&provider=cloudfront&v=1
    The file can be downloaded, uploaded on Github or somewhere, and then yt-dlp can download.
    But this is tedious.
    Anyone know another tool or easier way?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    put mpd on N_m3u8DL-CLI
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by lomero View Post
    put mpd on N_m3u8DL-CLI
    Thank you, this tool doesn't have a problem to download from udemy
    Quote Quote  
  8. Hi, I tried both yt-dlp and N_m3u8DL-CL. The first sends a 403 error as vegeta was reporting, the second one throws 'invalid uri'. As you were saying, though, the url to the .mpd is correct and it is possible to download it easily via browser. How did you manage to make it work?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by Ultrablack View Post
    Hi, I tried both yt-dlp and N_m3u8DL-CL. The first sends a 403 error as vegeta was reporting, the second one throws 'invalid uri'. As you were saying, though, the url to the .mpd is correct and it is possible to download it easily via browser. How did you manage to make it work?
    Even if you get past downloading, are you able to get keys for decryption of the downloaded encrypted content?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Did not try yet but if I don't manage to download the encrypted stream I'm stuck at first base if you know how to please write me, also on pm if you prefer
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search PM
    udemy has changed its rules for downloading. now all videos are protected.
    but try this (if you are able with python...) https://github.yuuza.net/Puyodead1/udemy-downloader
    Quote Quote  
  12. Already tried, it works only for the videos which are already open access. The mad thing is that I paid for this course and I just want to be able to access it without having to go into a browser. It's so frustrating
    Quote Quote  
  13. Just use Udeler
    Quote Quote  
  14. Udeler works only for DRM-free videos, which are very few by now
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by Ultrablack View Post
    Udeler works only for DRM-free videos, which are very few by now
    Perhaps the keys could be found in the Udemy mobile app?
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by Ultrablack View Post
    Already tried, it works only for the videos which are already open access. The mad thing is that I paid for this course and I just want to be able to access it without having to go into a browser. It's so frustrating
    ytdlp can download the mpd with --allow-u and --force-generic-extractor
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by Ultrablack View Post
    Code:
    ytdlp.exe --force-generic-extractor --allow-u -N 16 -f bv "https://www.udemy.com/assets/12077082/encrypted-files/out/v1/e6ffbb97ed4c489e89ca569e178eea91/06c8dc12da2745f1b0b4e7c2c032dfef/842d4b8e2e014fbbb87c640ddc89d036/index.mpd?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJwYXRoIjoib3V0L3YxL2U2ZmZiYjk3ZWQ0YzQ4OWU4OWNhNTY5ZTE3OGVlYTkxLzA2YzhkYzEyZGEyNzQ1ZjFiMGI0ZTdjMmMwMzJkZmVmLzg0MmQ0YjhlMmUwMTRmYmJiODdjNjQwZGRjODlkMDM2LyIsImV4cCI6MTY0MjE5NDY5MH0.0wpQAMqvln-9wpgBQuK8ioFIK3fdvHL7LybQKTlf0Gg&provider=cloudfront&v=1" -o encryptedudemy.mp4
    PHP Code:
    WARNINGYou have asked for UNPLAYABLE formats to be listed/downloadedThis is a developer option intended for debugging.
             If 
    you experience any issues while using this option, DO NOT open a bug report
    [genericindex.mpd?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJwYXRoIjoib3V0L3YxL2U2ZmZiYjk3ZWQ0YzQ4OWU4OWNhNTY5ZTE3OGVlYTkxLzA2YzhkYzEyZGEyNzQ1ZjFiMGI0ZTdjMmMwMzJkZmVmLzg0MmQ0YjhlMmUwMTRmYmJiODdjNjQwZGRjODlkMDM2LyIsImV4cCI6MTY0MjE5NDY5MH0Requesting header
    WARNING
    : [genericForcing on generic information extractor.
    [
    genericindex.mpd?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJwYXRoIjoib3V0L3YxL2U2ZmZiYjk3ZWQ0YzQ4OWU4OWNhNTY5ZTE3OGVlYTkxLzA2YzhkYzEyZGEyNzQ1ZjFiMGI0ZTdjMmMwMzJkZmVmLzg0MmQ0YjhlMmUwMTRmYmJiODdjNjQwZGRjODlkMDM2LyIsImV4cCI6MTY0MjE5NDY5MH0Downloading webpage
    [genericindex.mpd?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJwYXRoIjoib3V0L3YxL2U2ZmZiYjk3ZWQ0YzQ4OWU4OWNhNTY5ZTE3OGVlYTkxLzA2YzhkYzEyZGEyNzQ1ZjFiMGI0ZTdjMmMwMzJkZmVmLzg0MmQ0YjhlMmUwMTRmYmJiODdjNjQwZGRjODlkMDM2LyIsImV4cCI6MTY0MjE5NDY5MH0Extracting information
    [infoindex.mpd?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJwYXRoIjoib3V0L3YxL2U2ZmZiYjk3ZWQ0YzQ4OWU4OWNhNTY5ZTE3OGVlYTkxLzA2YzhkYzEyZGEyNzQ1ZjFiMGI0ZTdjMmMwMzJkZmVmLzg0MmQ0YjhlMmUwMTRmYmJiODdjNjQwZGRjODlkMDM2LyIsImV4cCI6MTY0MjE5NDY5MH0Downloading 1 format(s): 5
    [dashsegmentsTotal fragments24
    [downloadDestinationencryptedudemy.mp4
    WARNING
    The download speed shown is only of one threadThis is a known issue and patches are welcome
    [download100of 2.29MiB in 00:01 
    https://we.tl/t-ABCuI7DNn8

However, as I said, getting keys for decryption is the problem. Someone should give it a try.
    There doesn't seem to be any json but there's a cookie value that maybe makes "problems" for scripts to get keys.
    I get a response from cloudflare blabla.

They use this additional cancer DRM
    https://buydrm.com/keyos-compatibility-matrix/
    Quote Quote  
  18. Nice! I missed the -o option. So you think there is no way at the moment to get the keys, not even with the known methods?
    btw if you'd like it would be nice to continue the conversation, pm me
    Quote Quote  
  19. Originally Posted by Ultrablack View Post
    So you think there is no way at the moment to get the keys, not even with the known methods?
    There's always a way, but someone smarter should figure it out and hope that he shares with us.
    Quote Quote  
  20. I managed to decrypt them. If you are interested write me a pm, have a good one!
    Quote Quote  
  21. [ss]vegeta ".... shares with us."

Ultrablack ".... write me a pm"

Wham! Bam! Thank You Ma'am!

Fascinating.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Originally Posted by Ultrablack View Post
    I managed to decrypt them. If you are interested write me a pm, have a good one!
    I have the same problem, can You help me in pm?
    Quote Quote  
  23. I've been looking for days for a solution to save my last Udemy courses, and until then came across this post. Would be great if someone could also help me via PM.
    Quote Quote  
  24. I would like to know how to proceed with my purchased (encrypted) udemy courses, if I would like to save them on my hard drive (decrypted)- if anyone could send me a pm about the steps to follow, I would very much appreciate that. So far I would use the python script of a certain github user (part of his name has something to do with the end of life), but I need the decryption key id and decryption key, which I'm unable to find.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Originally Posted by Ultrablack View Post
    I managed to decrypt them. If you are interested write me a pm, have a good one!
    I look for Puyodead1 on Git and works great for me!
    Last edited by Clue-Finder; 23rd Jan 2022 at 23:46.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Originally Posted by Clue-Finder View Post
    My problem by Puyodead1 is that I don't know how to get the Key and Key ID. I have extracted the widevine dump from my mobile phone but here the same, I don't know to use the .bin and .pem files.
    Can you please explane your workflow to me?
    Last edited by cDArvpAx; 24th Jan 2022 at 02:15.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search PM
    and you have done a not easy job on your phone, you got 2 files and now you don't know what they are and what to do with them?

unbelievable ...
    Quote Quote  
  28. Originally Posted by lomero View Post
    and you have done a not easy job on your phone, you got 2 files and now you don't know what they are and what to do with them?

unbelievable ...
    Yes, it's unbelievable, there are also some instructions for reading out the widevine dumps. But how it should go on with Udemy, I unfortunately found nothing publicly.
    I've been playing around with WKS-KEY, PsshBox and curlconverter but unfortunately I didn't get to the point. So I would be grateful for any help.
    Last edited by cDArvpAx; 24th Jan 2022 at 07:03.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Originally Posted by Clue-Finder View Post
    Originally Posted by Ultrablack View Post

are you using the android dump method?
    if yes please help me out on how to use it for udemy
    Quote Quote