VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi my parents DVD player is not working I tried changing the batteries but still nothing and I've also tried resetting the codes but still nothing.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Welcome to the forum. I hope you find the answer you need.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    you might try to power cyce the device. Unplug from the AC mains for like 10 minutes or so. Does the unit have a power button on the FRONT panel ? if so press that for 20 or 30 seconds while it is unplugged. after 10 min plug bakc in and see if it will power up? You need to tell use more information if you want help. Like when you say its not working what do you mean ? like the remote not turning it on? more details
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mattytun View Post
    Hi my parents DVD player is not working I tried changing the batteries but still nothing and I've also tried resetting the codes but still nothing.
    Also check the connections in the battery holder. if th eold batteries LEAKED at all it could be corroded. if so clean with some baking soda and water mixed thick. then use an emery board or sandbpaper to clean up the contacts.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If the remote is a standard infra red one, you can easily check if it is the remote or the player. Open the camera app in your phone, look at the sender end and press a button. The camera can see infra red while the eye can't, so if it is working you'll see the sender in the remote flashing while a button is pressed.
    Quote Quote