VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Bought Wreck It Ralph blu-ray + DVD. The dvd plays fine, butt the blu ray gives an error "NoRead" in my panasonic DMP BD605 player.

The play is able to play other blu ray discs. But it is old, so I don't know for sure whether the problem is the player or the disc. There is no scratch or visible defect on the disc.

Has anyone heard of such error?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Is there another blu-ray player you can try?The only time i had that issue was the player getting faulty
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Your player was released in 2008 but Wreck-It Ralph was released in 2012 and Disney has a reputation for using arcane copy protection. Maybe the player itself is OK but the player's firmware requires updating to play that disc.

A few years ago, I rented a new, pristine-looking Blu-ray release that my then 3-year-old Blu-ray player refused to play and my computer succeeded in playing the disc only after I installed the latest software update for PowerDVD Ultra .
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 23rd Sep 2021 at 14:53. Reason: editing mistake
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by videdit View Post
    Bought Wreck It Ralph blu-ray + DVD. The dvd plays fine, butt the blu ray gives an error "NoRead" in my panasonic DMP BD605 player.

The play is able to play other blu ray discs. But it is old, so I don't know for sure whether the problem is the player or the disc. There is no scratch or visible defect on the disc.

Has anyone heard of such error?
    does your blu-ray player have the latest software update ??
    have you tried cleaning the disc.
    Quote Quote