VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search PM
    Hi. I'm trying to convert a .ts video into a .mp4 (or other equivalent extension like .mkv) without losing any quality. The problem I'm finding are these annoying horizontarl stripes after converting. As I read in this forum, I've tried to add the default deinterlace filter from XMedia Recorder (The deinterlace livav with lineal mix), and yes, I remove the stripes but my quality drops. I've also increased the bitrate into 15000. Do you have any other suggestion? I'm a begginer in this area.
    Quote Quote  
  2. No clue whether XMedia Recorder supports it, but normally H.264 and H.265 both do support encoding to interlaced output, so if your content is interlaced simply also use interlaced output.
    Judging by https://www.xmedia-recode.de/en/help/vcodec/h264.php you probably need to set Display Mode so either Interlaced TFF (Top field first) or
    Interlaced BFF (Bottom field first) depnding on whether your input is BFF or TFF.
    Last edited by Selur; 14th Sep 2021 at 09:35.
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
  3. No conversion needed. Remux only with mkvtoolnix.
    Quote Quote  
  4. @ProWo: How does remuxing to mkv help with converting into .mp4?
    Sure if just wants to remux and the content of the .ts file is .mp4 compatible he could just remux to mp4 and wouldn't need to reencode.
    Quote Quote  
  5. @Selur
    The OP said mp4 or mkv (post 1).
    Quote Quote  
  6. Sorry, you are right, I totally overlooked that.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by Selur View Post
    No clue whether XMedia Recorder supports it, but normally H.264 and H.265 both do support encoding to interlaced output, so if your content is interlaced simply also use interlaced output.
    x265 encodes interlaced as a sequence of separated fields only. Not sure how many players will play this correctly.....
    Quote Quote  
  8. @Sharc: Why not ? It's a valid, standard conform, encoding way for interlaced H.265 content afaik.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by Selur View Post
    @Sharc: Why not ? It's a valid, standard conform, encoding way for interlaced H.265 content afaik.
    My caveat was based on past experience and notes. Probably from the earlier days of x265 (and players) which made me drop x265 for interlaced encoding.
    I tried again now and all worked correctly as expected.
    My bad, sorry.
    Quote Quote