VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
Thread
  1. Hello,

any idea how to download this movie and SRT subtitles?

https://www.france.tv/series-et-fictions/telefilms/2743743-les-heritiers.html

youtube-dl returns a message:
    "ERROR: Unable to download JSON metadata: HTTP Error 404: Not Found (caused by <HTTPError 404: 'Not Found'>)"

Movie is normally watchable with subtitles online.

TIA
    EC
    Quote Quote  
  2. psaframe
    Search PM
    need login acess
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by naim2007 View Post
    need login acess
    Please create your free account at the website.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Need login credentials sent via the private message system.

Originally Posted by ecolek View Post
    Please create your free account at the website.
    No, you are gonna share yours.
    Quote Quote  
  5. psaframe
    Search PM
    You asked for help,
    so you are gonna share your login credentials.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I have figured out the URL to manifest.mpd file and streamlink does download the movie without problem but without including subtitles.

streamlink --mux-subtitles "https://cloudreplay.ftven.fr/aa85760c9b316/1036051817_france-domtom_TA.ism/ZXhwPTE2MzE1ODk0NDN+YWNsPSUyZmFhODU3NjBjOWIzMTYlMm YxMDM2MDUxODE3X2ZyYW5jZS1kb210b21fVEEuaXNtKn5obWFj PTA3NmY3YzgxMjFkODFhYWIwM2RhN2FjZTE2NGIyNTZlODdjM2 QzZWNjZjkxOGM2M2JiMWU3ZGViNmU2Y2ZhMGU=/manifest.mpd" 720p -o movie.ts

Any idea how to grab the subtitles alone, knowing MPD file?

TIA
    EC
    Quote Quote  
  7. manifest.mpd → textstream_fre=1000.webvtt

https://cloudreplay.ftven.fr/aa85760c9b316/1036051817_france-domtom_TA.ism/ZXhwPTE2MzE...NjBjOWIzMTYlMm YxMDM2MDUxODE3X2ZyYW5jZS1kb210b21fVEEuaXNtKn5obWFj PTA3NmY3YzgxMjFkODFhYWIwM2RhN2FjZTE2NGIyNTZlODdjM2 QzZWNjZjkxOGM2M2JiMWU3ZGViNmU2Y2ZhMGU=/textstream_fre=1000.webvtt
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by karapuz View Post
    manifest.mpd → textstream_fre=1000.webvtt
    Any idea why youtube-dl doesn't work anymore with france.tv ? It was working fine 3 days ago but now it exits with ERROR: Unable to download JSON metadata. Also ffmpeg stopped working for m3u8 videos from the same site, video download helper downloads the video but ffmpeg doesn't despite adding user agent referer username passwd ... it seems that a parameter used in the browser is missing.

EDIT: For those who want to help here's the login info (disposable temp email)
    username: vesar24672@stvbz.com
    passwd:Ben1c3pls.
    Last edited by jojo; 13th Sep 2021 at 19:38.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Youtube-dl is broken for france.tv and any software which is using youtube-dl (i.e. YoutubeVideoDownloader) is also broken. This issue was reported and someone has come up with a patch which seems to work https://github.com/ytdl-org/youtube-dl/issues/29956
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Youtube-dl is broken for france.tv and any software which is using youtube-dl (i.e. YoutubeVideoDownloader) is also broken. This issue was reported and someone has come up with a patch which seems to work https://github.com/ytdl-org/youtube-dl/issues/29956
    For me the discussed patch against francetv.py hasn't changed anything for recent youtube-dl misbehavior.

However, streamlink on MPD manifest file does seem to work properly so there is a workaround, so I'd stick to it for a while (even though youtube-dl had seemed to work faster).

Thanks for your follow-up
    EC
    Quote Quote  
  11. psaframe
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Youtube-dl is broken for france.tv and any software which is using youtube-dl (i.e. YoutubeVideoDownloader) is also broken. This issue was reported and someone has come up with a patch which seems to work https://github.com/ytdl-org/youtube-dl/issues/29956
    use yt-dlp with cookies. methode aready posted here in forum.
    You just find what u are looking for.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by naim2007 View Post
    use yt-dlp with cookies. methode aready posted here in forum.
    You just find what u are looking for.
    I'm glad that once I shared my login credentials, which you requested, you were able to provide a "solution".

Edit: FYI the latest YT-DLP has merged youtube-dl v2021.06.06 which doesn't have the patch to work with france.tv so it's not able to download the json (same as youtube-dl or YoutubeVideoDownloader)
    Last edited by jojo; 14th Sep 2021 at 14:09.
    Quote Quote  
  13. @ecolek

Streamlink was/is very slow, that's why I was looking for another (faster) method ... haven't try yet the patch
    Quote Quote  
  14. (i.e. YoutubeVideoDownloader) is also broken.
    working!!!
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by karapuz View Post
    working!!!
    Care to provide the command/screenshot to download the initial video https://www.france.tv/series-et-fictions/telefilms/2743743-les-heritiers.html ?
    Last edited by jojo; 14th Sep 2021 at 14:51.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search PM
    @ecolek

Streamlink was/is very slow, that's why I was looking for another (faster) method ... haven't try yet the patch
    --stream-segment-threads makes Streamlink downloads go a bit faster https://streamlink.github.io/cli.html#cmdoption-stream-segment-threads

Code:
    streamlink --stream-segment-threads 5 ".../manifest.mpd" best -o movie.mp4
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by lfer94 View Post
    @ecolek

--stream-segment-threads makes Streamlink downloads go a bit faster https://streamlink.github.io/cli.html#cmdoption-stream-segment-threads

Code:
    streamlink --stream-segment-threads 5 ".../manifest.mpd" best -o movie.mp4
    --stream-segment-threads

...will not do anything on its on - requires a numerical value. Its default is 1.

lfer94 has suggested 5.

You can max it to 10.
    Last edited by codehound; 15th Sep 2021 at 08:40.
    Quote Quote  
  18. @lfer94 @codehound
    Thanks, I'll try it with 10 (max).
    Quote Quote  
  19. @notaghost
    Sorry but you lost me, I can also download the movie and subs and place it on mega, but I cannot do it with youtube-dl or any software which is using/based on youtube-dl (without the patch posted in my previous post).
    Quote Quote  
  20. You said that YoutubeVideoDownloader is working, well show us.
    TVDownloader
    Last edited by karapuz; 15th Sep 2021 at 11:34.
    Quote Quote  
  21. @karapuz Thank you.

For anyone interested, TVDownloader works, will download the movie, BUT:

- if in the Video Source URL (Youtube, Vimeo, DailyMotion, BBC, +900 more) field you put the URL for the movie as you are supposed to do then it will not work.

- if in the Video Source URL (Youtube, Vimeo, DailyMotion, BBC, +900 more) field you put the URL for manifest of the movie then it will work, the movie will be downloaded.

Edit: While the above (fix) was visible from karapuz post above (attachment) for whatever reason karapuz has edited the post and deleted the picture showing that in TVDownloader you have to put the URL to the manifest not the movie URL, ... so all credits should go to karapuz
    Last edited by jojo; 15th Sep 2021 at 11:55.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Originally Posted by codehound View Post
    You can max it to 10.
    Thank you, it makes a huge difference.

Started both TVDownloader and Streamlink --stream-segment-threads 10, streamlink finished the download in less than 2 min, TVDownloader was still downloading ... 5.8%
    Quote Quote  
  23. Once again problem appeared with getting the subtitles from another movie from France.tv..

On, nevermind, I used wget to download webvtt subtitles successfuly, please disregard
    Last edited by ecolek; 6th Oct 2021 at 10:35.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Someone have any idea with TVDownloader ? (video from france.tv)
    Code:
    [FranceTV] 032c984d-c718-45dc-a56b-3f69a3ae47d0: Downloading video JSON
    ERROR: Unable to download JSON metadata: HTTP Error 404: Not Found (caused by HTTPError()); please report this issue on https://yt-dl.org/bug . Make sure you are using the latest version; type  youtube-dl -U  to update. Be sure to call youtube-dl with the --verbose flag and include its complete output.

So I try this
    Code:
    youtube-dl -U
    ERROR: can't find the current version. Please try again later.
    thank you for the help I am a beginner so be simple whan your explain me
    Quote Quote  
  25. FXMkD asked "Someone have any idea with TVDownloader ? (video from france.tv) "

Try this ....

There is a new version of yt-dlp and the changelog says

yt-dlp 2021.10.10

Changelog:

[francetv] Fix extractor by fstirlitz, sarnoud

Therefore :
    1) Locate the directory where you have installed tvdownloader.
    2) Download and copy yt-dlp.exe to the tvdownloader folder and rename to youtube-dl.exe
    Quote Quote  
  26. Originally Posted by jack_666 View Post
    FXMkD asked "Someone have any idea with TVDownloader ? (video from france.tv) "

Try this ....

There is a new version of yt-dlp and the changelog says

yt-dlp 2021.10.10

Changelog:

[francetv] Fix extractor by fstirlitz, sarnoud

Therefore :
    1) Locate the directory where you have installed tvdownloader.
    2) Download and copy yt-dlp.exe to the tvdownloader folder and rename to youtube-dl.exe

First thanks for the reply.
    I did what you told me to do and I have the same error.
    Like you can see i have the new yt-dlp (look the new logo) and i rename
    [Attachment 61240 - Click to enlarge]
    [Attachment 61241 - Click to enlarge]

can you try on your side ?
    Quote Quote