I've been trying to capture long sessions of TV from my cable box. I'm using Amarec. After a while, I suddenly get 8 duplicate frames and 1-4 dropped frames despite 30% of my CPU being used up and having nothing but Amarec and REAPER open to capture 5.1 audio. What's weird is that after this drop, it never happens again. I recorded a 9 hour TCM session to record the rebrand, and it only happened once and never again in those 9 hours. Not sure why. Sometimes it wants to drop, sometimes it doesn't.

I'm recording with the Elgato Game Capture HD60S. I'm using x264 to capture, I don't have the space to record lossless right now. However, these drops also occur when I record losslessly, however its not as severe. Here's my x264 settings.
Click image for larger version

Name:	rivRdlP.png
Views:	69
Size:	195.0 KB
ID:	60696

I'm recording to a WD Black 4TB.

I also tried recording through Virtualdub, I haven't done any long tests, however it's inserting 1-4 frames in the beginning of my capture, therefore making my file out of sync by 1-4 frames. It also does this for the first few frames, really annoying.

Name:	K7lXDzt.png
Views:	65
Size:	2.24 MB
ID:	60697

And now I can't even see the preview regardless of whether I have Overlay or Preview enabled. I don't know what the deal is.

Name:	ZDhEP0m.png
Views:	70
Size:	120.9 KB
ID:	60698

Does anyone have any suggestions to fix this before I say screw it and maybe get one of those Avermedia C027's? Are those any good for potentially lossless capture incase I need to capture lossless? Are there any other alternatives to using Amarec or Vdub? I can't use Elgato's software as I cannot get 1080i captures through it with the HD60s. I can do it with the original GCHD but the USB port on mine is busted.