VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi there - just wanted to see if anyone had any experience with this - I'm still using TMPG Authoring Works 4, which i know is outdated but it works fine for what I'm doing and I've never upgraded.

All of a sudden, I cannot launch the Batch authoring tool. It worked fine for me on Thursday, and then Friday it did not work. No changes to my system took place, it didn't work and i have not been able to launch it since. When i try, it hangs up and then i go into task manager to see it is using 16% of my CPU capabilities.

Has anyone ever had that issue, and/or anyone have any recommendations? I suppose i could just uninstall and reinstall and see if that works?

Thanks for any help!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Is there a project file saved in the batch authoring where the video files have been removed?Might be looking for them and gets stalled not finding them.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for your help. I was kind of thinking about that. I got into the habit of not clearing/deleting the batch projects, but it has never been a problem. Is there any way I can clear them, i'm assuming there is some temp folder or some item somewhere that i could possibly delete?

thanks again!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I solved it - it's under the documents folder- my batch saved projects file was 8 GB. I assume that was causing the problem. I deleted it and voila!

Thanks again for your help!
    Quote Quote