VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,
    I have a Samsung ln40e550f7f TV that I am trying to connect to an audio receiver. However, not able to find any kind of audio output port. There are a couple of HDMI ports but both say HDMI In. Does this model even have an audio output option?
    Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sansin12 View Post
    Hi,
    I have a Samsung ln40e550f7f TV that I am trying to connect to an audio receiver. However, not able to find any kind of audio output port. There are a couple of HDMI ports but both say HDMI In. Does this model even have an audio output option?
    Thanks.

according to the manual - https://www.manualslib.com/manual/267927/Samsung-Ln46e550f6f.html?page=8#manual
    there's audio connections in the back of the tv.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    Originally Posted by sansin12 View Post
    Hi,
    Thanks.

according to the manual - https://www.manualslib.com/manual/267927/Samsung-Ln46e550f6f.html?page=8#manual
    there's audio connections in the back of the tv.
    Thanks, but both of them say HDMI In, and when I connect the TV to the receiver through those HDMI ports the sound doesn't go through.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    If you are connecting the tv sound to the receiver it has to go through the optical audio connector from the tv out to the receiver optical in,it doesn't work with the hdmi that way.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    If you are connecting the tv sound to the receiver it has to go through the optical audio connector from the tv out to the receiver optical in,it doesn't work with the hdmi that way.
    Thanks, but I dont see any optical port on the TV.
    Quote Quote  
  6. It looks like there are no audio outputs on the TV. You'll need to put an AV Receiver between the HDMI source and the TV. Or open up the TV, disconnect the speakers and run the outputs to a decent pair of external speakers. I've done that on several TVs.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    If you are running a separate device such as a cable box or game system you can run the cable box/game system through the receiver hdmi in and run the hdmi out to your tv,you will get sound this way and it's better quality.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote