VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I can't find any application to make it possible to download from the flemish VTMgo platform. I think this streams are DRM protected.
    I want to download 4 episodes of a serie; via screen recorder should this be possible.

Which screen recorder should I use? Every screen recorder I used so far gives black picture when I start to playback the video...

thanks for the advice!
    Gert
    Quote Quote  
  2. I use Bandicam, maybe to try OBS as well?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Provide links and user/password via private message and we might be able to get you the show the proper way, not the screen recorder way.

By the way, try disabling hardware acceleration in Chrome, it might fix your black screen "problem".
    Or try another browser like Firefox.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Bandicam is less interesting, I use a Mac computer, it seems it's just for Windows. OBS does the same: black picture.

@[ss]vegeta: check PM
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by raverke95 View Post
    OBS does the same: black picture.
    There are literally hundreds of 2 - 3 minute help videos on YT re: the OBS black screen issue.
    Last edited by codehound; 7th Sep 2021 at 14:51.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by codehound View Post
    There are literally hundreds of 2 - 3 minute help videos on YT re: the black screen issue.
    Except, the proposed solutions aren't for the DRM problem.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by [ss]vegeta View Post
    Originally Posted by codehound View Post
    There are literally hundreds of 2 - 3 minute help videos on YT re: the black screen issue.
    Except, the proposed solutions aren't for the DRM problem.
    Of course not - they are to solve the OBS black screen issue !

OP thinks screen recorder is the way to go.....to solve his DRM problem.

(I don't, there is probably a direct download method - but that's just me).
    Last edited by codehound; 7th Sep 2021 at 15:04.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by codehound View Post
    Of course not - they are to solve the OBS black screen issue
    OBS black screen can be due to DRM.
    However, it mostly isn't.
    So, most proposed solutions aren't gonna address that, they are gonna address "change this in control panel, change that, install this, set this setting" etc.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    It seems like I've solved my problem. Playing back the videofiles using Firefox instead of Safari was the clue. No more black pictures.

I haven't found a solution yet to download directly from VTMgo, but playing back and recording the file is a good solution for the episodes I've missed.

Thanks for the clue called OBS!
    Quote Quote  
  10. VTMgo does seem to have some problems decrypting the files from the MPD file. I tried this one:

https://dcs-vod.apis.anvato.net/vod/p/manifest.mpd?encp=H2j4EXbClh_8FqhQJd6KCQ:7g8KeYp...6&t=1632230654

But after decrypting the audio/video mp4s with the 5 provided keys, the endresult is the last 15-20 minutes of 35. It's like there are some keys missing.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by MisterMacl View Post
    VTMgo does seem to have some problems decrypting the files from the MPD file. I tried this one:

https://dcs-vod.apis.anvato.net/vod/p/manifest.mpd?encp=H2j4EXbClh_8FqhQJd6KCQ:7g8KeYp...6&t=1632230654

But after decrypting the audio/video mp4s with the 5 provided keys, the endresult is the last 15-20 minutes of 35. It's like there are some keys missing.
    The videos are split by parts, as can be seen by -0 -1...
    [Attachment 60841 - Click to enlarge]

So you need to download the parts and decrypt them with different keys (maybe, analyze the mpd and KIDs) then merge them.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search PM
    So I understand there's another way to get video downloaded from VTM Go instead of capturing the screen (which 1. doesn’t work with my laptop (I've tried a few times with OBS but crashes) and 2. The quality of such a screen recording isn’t the same as when you just could download the entire file in a few minutes).
    But it all seems very complicated... Is there anyone here who could and would help me (step by step) to take that procedure? I understood that, first of all, I need to install four different programmes? Many thanks in advance!
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by [ss]vegeta View Post
    Originally Posted by MisterMacl View Post
    VTMgo does seem to have some problems decrypting the files from the MPD file. I tried this one:

The videos are split by parts, as can be seen by -0 -1...
    [Attachment 60841 - Click to enlarge]

So you need to download the parts and decrypt them with different keys (maybe, analyze the mpd and KIDs) then merge them.
    So I understand there's another way to get video downloaded from VTM Go instead of capturing the screen (which 1. doesn’t work with my laptop (I've tried a few times with OBS but crashes) and 2. The quality of such a screen recording isn’t the same as when you just could download the entire file in a few minutes).
    But it all seems very complicated... Is there anyone here who could and would help me (step by step) to take that procedure? I understood that, first of all, I need to install four different programmes? Many thanks in advance!
    Quote Quote