VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Thread
  1. Banned
    Search PM
    Hi! I'm again. When I convert the recorded video from .TS the clip that should come out in 50-60fps format (which is already in TS format) instead gives me only 25fps (which I don't want). What's wrong with this file?

Here the characters of this file:

General
    ID : 1 (0x1)
    Complete name : C:\FBAR2000.ts
    Format : MPEG-TS
    File size : 6.07 GiB
    Duration : 1 h 44 min
    Overall bit rate mode : Variable
    Overall bit rate : 8 292 kb/s

Video
    ID : 1230 (0x4CE)
    Menu ID : 123 (0x7B)
    Format : AVC
    Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
    Format profile : High@L4
    Format settings : CABAC / 4 Ref Frames
    Format settings, CABAC : Yes
    Format settings, Reference : 4 frames
    Codec ID : 27
    Bit rate : 7 559 kb/s
    Width : 1 920 pixels
    Height : 1 080 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 16:9
    Frame rate : 25.000 FPS
    Standard : Component
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Scan type : Interlaced
    Scan type, store method : Separated fields
    Scan order : Top Field First
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.146
    Stream size : 5.54 GiB (91%)
    Color range : Limited
    Color primaries : BT.709
    Transfer characteristics : BT.709
    Matrix coefficients : BT.709

Audio #1
    ID : 1231 (0x4CF)
    Format : AC-3
    Format/Info : Audio Coding 3
    Commercial name : Dolby Digital
    Codec ID : 6
    Bit rate mode : Constant
    Bit rate : 192 kb/s
    Channel(s) : 2 channels
    Channel layout : L R
    Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz
    Frame rate : 31.250 FPS (1536 SPF)
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Delay relative to video : -80 ms
    Stream size : 144 MiB (2%)
    Language : Italian
    Service kind : Complete Main

Audio #2
    ID : 1232 (0x4D0)
    Format : MPEG Audio
    Format version : Version 1
    Format profile : Layer 2

Warning: from MediaInfo in frame rate it says "25 fps" but when I open a player the clip is 50-60fps smooth because was recorded from a DVB-T decoder. With which video editor can I have the same settings as this smooth 50-60fps clip? Thanks to who helps me!

2. It is not 50fps, but indeed 25 fps as MediaInfo reports, but it is not progressive, it is interlaced. Two fields are stored in one frame which are presented after another.

Deinterlace to 50p while playing and you're fine. If you wnat to convert it for any reason, then you must check Deinterlace in settings of your software and select 50p as output to get the same experience as it would be deinterlaced to 50p while playing.

Also always never mix 25/50 with 30/60. It must be exact double. More is here not better, should be clear, but I mentioned it anyways.

3. Banned
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by flashandpan007 View Post
    It is not 50fps, but indeed 25 fps as MediaInfo reports, but it is not progressive, it is interlaced. Two fields are stored in one frame which are presented after another.

Deinterlace to 50p while playing and you're fine. If you wnat to convert it for any reason, then you must check Deinterlace in settings of your software and select 50p as output to get the same experience as it would be deinterlaced to 50p while playing.

Also always never mix 25/50 with 30/60. It must be exact double. More is here not better, should be clear, but I mentioned it anyways.
    And with which program should I deinterlace at 50 or 60fps?

4. Depends on your goal, XMedia Recode is very good for almost everything.

Perhaps you don't need to encode, but only remuxing (like MKVToolNix for Matroska MKV file). You can save a lot of time if this suits your goal.

5. Banned
    Search PM
    Depends on your goal, XMedia Recode is very good for almost everything.

Perhaps you don't need to encode, but only remuxing (like MKVToolNix for Matroska MKV file). You can save a lot of time if this suits your goal.
    XMedia Recode doesn't work! Constant and Progressive conversion is not compatible with a TS file!

6. So you got a ts file from your TV or Receiver and want to create a file to play on a specific device? Please let me know, so I can help you.
    What do you mean with "contant conversion". "Progressive" is clear, but "constant" I do not know.

7. Banned
    Search PM
    At this point, since no one understands the problem, I am sending you an attachment and you will understand what I mean. Why can't I convert an original video to 50-60fps smooth?!
    Here's a fragment of a long video,because the TS file is weight 6 GB!

8. OK, what output should I set XMedia Recode to? Also *.ts file? What codec, also H.264/AVC or do you want H.265/HEVC, or any other?

9. Banned
    Search PM
    OK, what output should I set XMedia Recode to? Also *.ts file? What codec, also H.264/AVC or do you want H.265/HEVC, or any other?
    MPEG-2 as H.264 (instead of MP4).

10. Originally Posted by VHGNM View Post
    MPEG-2 as H.264 (instead of MP4).
    You must differentiate between Container formats and Codecs.
    Container formats are AVI, MP4, MKV, MPEG-PS, MPEG-TS, ...
    Codecs are MPEG-1, MPEG-2, H.264/AVC, H.265/HEVC, ...

Please let me know something like MKV with H.264/AVC videostream and AC-3 (Dolby Digital) Audiostream.

I still need to know what do you want to achieve? Just for playing it is better to leave the file as it is and use MKVToolNix to cut on I-Frames and mux it to MKV, if you want to cut.
    For Frame accurate cutting you need a NLE.

Perhaps tsmuxer is also something for you, if you want to mux in ts container.

While playing the player will automatically apply deinterlace filter to get "50p".

But don't reencode 25 fps interlaced to 60fps, Like I earlier said, only multiples of it 25 -> 50 or 29.97 -> 59.94

11. And just because the video is 25i doesn't mean it contains 50 different pictures per second. If it's a movie or TV show it's likely 25p encoded as 50i -- so should be converted to 25p.

<edit>

I downloaded the video in post #7. It's interlaced bottom field first video encoded interlaced -- so 50 different fields per second. I dont' know why MediaInfo shows it as top field first. A quick conversion to 1080p50 with yadifmod2 gives smooth playback. Some older players may not be able to handle 1080p50. And since the video was originally standard definition you might as well downscale to 720p while you're bob deinterlacing. 720p50 has much wider support.

</edit>
    Last edited by jagabo; 3rd Sep 2021 at 11:03.

12. Banned
    Search PM

You must differentiate between Container formats and Codecs.
    Container formats are AVI, MP4, MKV, MPEG-PS, MPEG-TS, ...
    Codecs are MPEG-1, MPEG-2, H.264/AVC, H.265/HEVC, ...

Please let me know something like MKV with H.264/AVC videostream and AC-3 (Dolby Digital) Audiostream.

I still need to know what do you want to achieve? Just for playing it is better to leave the file as it is and use MKVToolNix to cut on I-Frames and mux it to MKV, if you want to cut.
    For Frame accurate cutting you need a NLE.

Perhaps tsmuxer is also something for you, if you want to mux in ts container.

While playing the player will automatically apply deinterlace filter to get "50p".

But don't reencode 25 fps interlaced to 60fps, Like I earlier said, only multiples of it 25 -> 50 or 29.97 -> 59.94
    OK! With TSMuxer, how to convert at 50fps? I just enter on this portable software. How do it?

13. TSmuxer does "only" mux but not convert.

Still: What is your goal, files for playing back on what device?

Please read also the post of jagabo. Very important!

14. Captures & Restoration lollo's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I open a player the clip is 50-60fps smooth because was recorded from a DVB-T decoder.
    That video is 50 fields per second, 25 frames per second interlaced BFF, as all programs broadcasted by Retequattro HD in DVB-S and DVB-T

15. Banned
    Search PM
    I found a best solution! Without XMedia Recode encoding as DIRECT STREAM COPY I get an error message TS file on MAGIX Video DeLuxe Premium.
    [Attachment 60560 - Click to enlarge]

But after a XMedia Recode encoding as DIRECT STREAM COPY the error message was gone and with MAGIX Video DeLuxe Premium I get "Deinterlaced" as Constant Bitrate/Progressive and the video is 60fps smooth! And here's the screenshot.
    [Attachment 60561 - Click to enlarge]

And here this 5 seconds fragment of video.

I fix it this issue! Thanks! Yuppie! XD
    Note: this problem was issue also with Video to Video Converter as DIRECT STREAM COPY.
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by VHGNM; 3rd Sep 2021 at 11:31.

16. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Bye bye VHGNM! Calling someone's mom a ***** is of course an instant ban.

Thanks for reporting yourself.
    Last edited by Baldrick; 3rd Sep 2021 at 14:02.