VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,

I'm working on a high school talent show vhs project. Personal delivery is BD, but in case anyone wants access to the footage who doesn't have a BD player I'd like to have a file available to put on a flash drive etc. What would be a universal file format for people to view on their tv's or dvd player's usb port?

One BD player of mine doesn't recognize .mp4. One doesn't recognize .m2t. My 4K oled recognizes both but is a 2021 model. Everyone's tv's and players are different.

I know I could upload to share sites like DropBox, but I'd really like to stick with either a BD or some sort of file I could put to a physical storage device.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Most likely mp4 containing H.264 video
    With aac audio
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by clashradio View Post
    What would be a universal file format for people to view on their tv's or dvd player's usb port?
    There's no such thing. Some older TVs and DVD/BD players won't play any media files or have very limited abilities. But as davexnet indicates, mp4 with AVC video and aac audio probably has the widest support.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok sounds good thanks davexnet & jagabo. I was thinking mp4, but had no idea about aac audio.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Be sure not to exceed AVC with High@4.1 profile@level.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi jagabo. I know you're not a Vegas person, but I rendered a test mp4/aac clip. Here are the MediaInfo results. Am I safe?
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  7. Yes, that should be fine.
    Quote Quote