VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hello, I would need a little help. I need a Video conveter that converts Mkv Dolby Atmos (7.1) to M2TS Dolby Atmos (7.1). Everything I’ve tried so far I’ve come up with a maximum of 5.1 sound. I have already tried about 10 different converters but there was no success. That is, I need a conveter that will not monitor the sound and picture quality and the extension becomes M2TS

Google Translate

thanks silvo
    Quote Quote  
  2. Have you tried:
    a. tsMuxeR ?
    b. ffmpeg ('-c copy')?
    what have you tried?
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    thanks i tried and there was no success
    Quote Quote  
  4. Can be done by clever FFmpeg-GUI (remux only, no conversion).

Here the info from a remuxed mkv to m2ts:

[Attachment 60538 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    thanks Pro Wo I tried 30x but I didn't succeed maybe it's too hard for me
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    thanks for the sent instructions i tried and i succeeded but i didn't get 7.1 sound only 2.0 stereo
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I wonder whether there could be something odd or non-standard about your source video.
    Maybe you can provide a sample? You can cut out a small part of a mkv with mkvtoolnix, leaving audio and video unchanged.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    hello thanks for the help ... I tried many times with one file and that is Leaf Dolby Atmos® you can find it on the link https://thedigitaltheater.com/dolby-trailers/ I don't understand at all thanks again for the help I have about 100 giga mkv Dolby Atmos movie trailers
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I downloaded the "Leaf (Lossless-ATMOS)" mkv from your link. Should you import this file in tsMuxer, you'll have a "unsupported format" warning thrown at you, leaving the videostream only shown up in the tracklist. The reason for this is that tsMuxer expects a TrueHD stream (with or without Atmos, btw) that meets BD specifications. Which dictate an embedded legacy AC-3 track in case of TrueHD. The mkv container simply isn't capable of this.
    What you can do is import the mkv in UsEac3To and set the audiotrack output as "thd+ac3". This will result in eac3to generating a 5.1 AC-3 track (out of the TrueHD audio) and it will embed this in the - unaltered - TrueHD + Atmos track (note that this embedded AC-3 track is independent).
    The resulting "thd+ac3" file can simply be added with tsMuxer. It will be approved and BD or M2TS muxing will now go properly.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by certalic View Post
    hello thanks for the help ... I tried many times with one file and that is Leaf Dolby Atmos® you can find it on the link https://thedigitaltheater.com/dolby-trailers/ I don't understand at all thanks again for the help I have about 100 giga mkv Dolby Atmos movie trailers
    A simple remux with clever FFmpeg-GUI does the job.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ProWo View Post
    A simple remux with clever FFmpeg-GUI does the job.
    Yep, works like a charm also. I never knew that clever FFmpeg could mux TrueHD without an embedded AC3 track into m2ts. Nice!
    Never too old to learn...
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search PM
    thanks guys now it's just up to me to do it the way it should be if you succeed you have to do it too ... maybe it's my installation of the program or something else.
    Thank you so much for helping SILVO
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well, both tsMuxer and clever FFmpeg GUI don't need installation.

Maybe you want to be sure to download the latest versions, including ffmpeg itself (extract in same folder where "clever FFmpeg GUI.exe" is).

As for tsMuxer, I tend to use the latest nightly build.

Good luck.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by ProWo View Post
    Didn't work for me either. No sound on the resulting file
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    "No sound" meaning that during playback you have no sound or that the m2ts file shows no audio in MediaInfo?
    I can imagine the first is the case. Did you try the workflow I described in post# 10?
    Quote Quote  
  16. I had used the instructions in #6. Subsequently following other forum I did this morning same as your post #10. Did it twice, the first 4k file seems to be working fine. The second 4k hdr it does have the atmos soundtrack but it's not in sync with the picture .
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by Ennio View Post
    that the m2ts file shows no audio in MediaInfo?
    ?
    have deleted the file because didn't work
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by p1co View Post
    The second 4k hdr it does have the atmos soundtrack but it's not in sync with the picture .
    It's possible that there is an audio delay in your source mkv. You can check with MediaInfo. If so, you have to type that value in the Delay window of the audiotrack in tsMuxer.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Originally Posted by Ennio View Post
    It's possible that there is an audio delay in your source mkv. You can check with MediaInfo.
    How to check?

The resulting m2ts file video is jerky as well
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Ennio View Post
    It's possible that there is an audio delay in your source mkv. You can check with MediaInfo.
    How to check?
    Like I said, with MediaInfo. Install it (or use the portable) and load your videofile with it. It will show you all contents and technical detail about the video, audio, subtitles, etc. If there is a sound delay it will tell you at the audiotracks section.

The resulting m2ts file video is jerky as well
    Jerky also where the mkv is not? Maybe there's something odd with your source file. Can you upload the MediaInfo of the source mkv?
    Quote Quote  
  21. I'd be damned, just did not see it. I checked and it said delay of 26ms. Just before remuxing I checked again and the delay it's gone.

Also the mkv play on vlc on my laptop is not jerky.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	72
Size:	122.1 KB
ID:	61817  

Quote Quote  
  22. Anyone has any idea what could be going wrong? Could it be the laptop processor not being very fast?
    Quote Quote  
  23. You should post a FULL mediainfo report (text mode) here, with ALL streams...
    Quote Quote  
  24. There you go
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I think something went wrong. When you've opened your video with MediaInfo, go File --> Export. Choose "Text" and set destination file.
    It's the text from that file you can copy/paste here
    Quote Quote  
  26. But that's what I did.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Is this better?
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  28. Originally Posted by p1co View Post
    Is this better?
    No
    Quote Quote  
  29. What could I be doing wrong? With such simple instructions? media info is version 21.09
    Quote Quote