VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i know that the video would be better captured via firewire but the video on the tape is not really important and i really don't want to buy a firewire card and cable for it to be only used one time

what software would i need to be able to capture via usb?

also would windows 10 even be able to work with this camera
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jamespoo View Post
    i know that the video would be better captured via firewire but the video on the tape is not really important and i really don't want to buy a firewire card and cable for it to be only used one time

does windows 10 recognize the camera ?? if not
    try the windows compatibility mode option - https://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/44205-panasonic-nv-gs75-camcorder-driver.html
    Last edited by october262; 1st Sep 2021 at 21:32.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    Originally Posted by jamespoo View Post

does windows 10 recognize the camera ?? if not
    try the windows compatibility mode option - evenforums.com/drivers/44205-panasonic-nv-gs75-camcorder-driver.html
    will give it a try
    Quote Quote  
  4. The USB port on DV camcorders were usually for transferring still images and low-res versions of the DV video -- poorly deinterlaced 320x240 MJPEG video. If not, a Firewire card is cheaper than a decent analog USB video capture device. Getting either to work with Win10 can be a hassle.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Some Panasonic models did have the ability to transfer DV over USB, the above model is one of them, So no capture device needed just a USB cable. But wether the original USB2DV driver will work under Win 10 or not, that remains to be seen.
    Quote Quote