VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. My problem is that I have 2 subtitle tracks, one is named "English signs and songs" and another is called "English full". I also have English and Japanese audio tracks (dual audio). I need to downscale the videos to psp resolution and im using handbrake for that. for my subtitle selection behaviour ive mad eit as first matching selected language;english;burn-in behaviour=first track. however even after using that it selects signs and songs as the burned in subtitle. however signs and songs are a blank subtitle. since it is automatically selected its very hard to change the subtitle for each of the 200+ videos im converting. so is their a way to automatically choose english full subtitle or perhaps remove signs and songs subtitles completely? im aware i can do indivudally in handbrake itself but it will consume too much time.
    Last edited by thaynos; 1st Sep 2021 at 11:25.
    Quote Quote  
  2. mkvtoolnix gui

Add source file, uncheckmark the streams that you do not want, press start multiplexing
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    mkvtoolnix gui

Add source file, uncheckmark the streams that you do not want, press start multiplexing
    ive already tried this method but it seems to disable japanese audio
    ive already tried the last method that seemed to have worked for the op of the thread linked
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/393447-Batch-remove-subtitles-from-mkv-files
    but japanese audio is deselected in all videos and ill have to reenable each fo them individually which makes no difference from doing using handbrake
    it would be easier to change it if there was a shortcut for switching videos like how one switches tabs in chrome (ctrl+tab;ctrl+shift+tab)
    does such a shortcut exist either for handbrake or mkvtoolnix?
    if not what other solutions are available
    also thank you for your quick reply i dint expect a 15 year old forum to still be active!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Did you experiment with checking the default option and/or the forced flag option in mkvtoolnix's General Options pane for the English subs that you want to keep to see what happens?

I have only used mkvtoonix a few times and not recently but I don't think mkvtoolnix's GUI can batch process files. However, if you know how to write scripts, mkvmerge, which is doing all the work in the background, is fully scriptable via its command line.

I think this forum dates from at least the year 2000 when it was called VCDHelp but I didn't find it until 2005.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 1st Sep 2021 at 12:21.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  5. Image
    [Attachment 60556 - Click to enlarge]

that is my general options pane but i dont see any of the mentioned options
    Quote Quote  
  6. i want to expand on my question- what i actually want is to completely delete the "english-signs and songs" subtitle without reencoding the whole video.i only want to remove the subtitle track.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    Did you experiment with checking the default option and/or the forced flag option in mkvtoolnix's General Options pane for the English subs that you want to keep to see what happens?

I have only used mkvtoonix a few times and not recently but I don't think mkvtoolnix's GUI can batch process files. However, if you know how to write scripts, mkvmerge, which is doing all the work in the background, is fully scriptable via its command line.

I think this forum dates from at least the year 2000 when it was called VCDHelp but I didn't find it until 2005.
    nvm i found what ur telling about but again i have to do this option for each video which i dont want to do thats why im asked.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Handbrake can burn in subs and keep a certain audio. not ideal but it will work everywhere.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by s-mp View Post
    Handbrake can burn in subs and keep a certain audio. not ideal but it will work everywhere.
    im already aware of this as i have mentioned in the question.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Use clever FFmpeg-GUI.
    Load your mkv, click main, click multiplex, unselect the streams you want remove, click target file, accept (or modify) the proposed file name, click multiplex. Done.
    Last edited by ProWo; 4th Sep 2021 at 05:09.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by ProWo View Post
    Use clever FFmpeg-GUI.
    Load your mkv, click main, click multiplex, unselect the streams you want remove, click target file, accept (or modify) the proposed file name, click multiplex. Done.
    dude i have 100s of files of which i dont want to select streams individually as that would take a lot of time and is also the reason for me asking this question in the first place. i want it to automtically select the streams i want ONLY.
    i have already found a solution using ffmpeg cli
    https://superuser.com/questions/1672698/removal-of-select-subtitle-tracks-and-audio-tr...672767#1672767
    thx for trying anyways
    Quote Quote