VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Has anybody had experience with this video streaming downloader program? This is not the same as Y2Mate.com, which was recently shutdown in the US. Rather, this is a full program you purchase and download. It is similar to AnyStream and StreamFab. The trial program only allowed 3 trial downloads, but they all worked flawlessly. The program requires a $59.95 yearly subscription or a $19.95 monthly subscription. Options included batch downloading, downloading subtitles, HD quality, etc. It is also supposed to work on many websites. The two I tried worked fine. My problem is that if you try to search for more information about the company or any 3rd party reviews, you can't find anything about it. For example, it is not listed on this website within any of the 85 programs mentioned for video streaming downloading. I'm hesitant to provide credit card information to a company with so little information available about it. Also, three trial downloads isn't enough to fully compare it to the other programs. That said, based only upon the test of those three downloads, it was best program I tried. I was hoping somebody else has tried it or might have some more information about it?
    Last edited by Baldrick; 12th Feb 2023 at 11:37.
    Quote Quote  
  2. They say it works on over 100 websites. I found a link where those websites should be listed, but the link was broken...

Did you check if your test download is a real download of the stream or a reencode?
    Quote Quote  
  3. I don't know. Unfortunately, it has been 2 weeks since I downloaded my test programs. There is no way to open up the program and study the download options after you use up your three trial downloads. All I can say is that the videos were in 1080p for both HBOMAX and Netflix. The downloading seemed pretty fast and the quality was good. It is definitely not a screen recorder. What technique it uses is otherwise beyond my expertise. There were choices for quality of audio, video, and subtitles. Installing the software did not appear to add any unwanted crap to my computer. Hopefully, you or someone else can give the free test a try, or someone with a subscription will tell us more about it. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  4. This company makes it really hard to try their service, even though the three trial downloads worked great. Since no one here could provide any feedback about it, I tried emailing the company with the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of its webpage. I was hoping for some assurance of its legitimacy and more information on its 14 day guaranty. Instead, every time I tried to submit my questions on its form, it said I had to click the "I'm not a Robot" box to send it, even though I had checked it off every attempt. So, on top of my other questions, there appears no way to contact the company if there is a problem. I would think it might be illegitimate but for the fact the program worked really well in my three free trials, and someone legitimate would have had to design the program. Does no one know anything about this program or company?
    Quote Quote  
  5. All I see when I check it out is

Our service has been discontinued as of August 1, 2021.

Thank you all.

Y2mate team
    Quote Quote  
  6. Why not use youtube-dl instead. It is way more capable and free
    Quote Quote  
  7. yt-dl is is still at 06.06
    better yt-dlp, more feature and more development
    Quote Quote  
  8. As I explained earlier, Y2Mate.ch is not the same as Y2Mate.com. It is ".ch," not ".com" It is a program that you can still very much download, test, and purchase. There is just very little information about it. Also, it works on Amazon Prime, HBOMAX, Netflix, and Hulu, amongst others. As far as I can tell, the alternative suggestions listed above do not work on any of those sites. So, if this company is legitimate, and if it works as well as it seemed to on my 3 test videos, it would be a program worth purchasing. Right now, no one else seems to have even tried the three free test videos, let alone anything else.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by jimwnola View Post
    As I explained earlier, Y2Mate.ch is not the same as Y2Mate.com. It is ".ch," not ".com" It is a program that you can still very much download, test, and purchase. There is just very little information about it. Also, it works on Amazon Prime, HBOMAX, Netflix, and Hulu, amongst others. As far as I can tell, the alternative suggestions listed above do not work on any of those sites. So, if this company is legitimate, and if it works as well as it seemed to on my 3 test videos, it would be a program worth purchasing. Right now, no one else seems to have even tried the three free test videos, let alone anything else.
    I apologize, I guess I read late at night. Yes completely different URL. Checking Reddit there isn't much about it other than the YouTube info. Really not a lot of info about it.

How does this do compared to "FlixGrab"?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by s-mp View Post
    Why not use youtube-dl instead. It is way more capable and free
    Youtube-dl will not DL drm for a start. Which includes Amzn, D+, NF, Hulu and HBO Max which appears to be the intention by purchasing this (now defunct) software.

If the OP is seeking a one click paid for solution, Anystream covers all those. And there is a very active help forum.
    Last edited by codehound; 7th Sep 2021 at 14:39.
    Quote Quote  
  11. I might purchase AnyStream Plus. I was frustrated with my PlayOn Desktop software and was looking for an alternative. I tried every test program I could find. It came down to three that worked, AnyStream Plus, StreamFab, and Y2Mate.ch Downloader. AnyStream seems like a good company and decent product. My only problems with AnyStream are that 1) It doesn't have batch downloading, 2) It is limited to only five services (although most of the ones I need), and 3) costs over $150. My problems with StreamFab are that 1) It is very convoluted to open each time, and 2) It costs over $200. However, it does have batch downloading. My problems with Y2Mate.ch are that 1) It charges either $19.95 a month or $59.95 a month for a subscription with autorenewal, 2) They do not appear very available to contact (to stop re-occurring charges, and 3) There is very little information about them. On the other hand, their program worked very well on the three tests, it can batch download, and works for many services. A test trial for $19.95 would be a small risk if the company was legitimate and you could invoke the 14 day money back guaranty. Right now, I am wondering if you can ever stop their charges if there is no way to contact them. I am still awaiting a response to my attempts at email. If my PlayOn Desktop worked reliably, I could get by with it or a another similar screen recorder. Even though it doesn't download, you can schedule multiple shows to be recorded overnight. But, it doesn't handle subtitles well and is only 720p, on top of its unreliability as the company now focuses its attention on PlayOn Cloud. I don't need anything ridiculous. I just want to be able to quickly schedule the recording/downloading of several shows at a time to later watch at a condo that doesn't have wifi. With more popular new shows, I find it easier just to download them with Kodi and a Realdebrid account. It is ridiculous they make it so difficult to later watch shows you are paying for on a full size tv, when you don't have wifi at the location.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Has anybody had success in ripping streams from BritBox with web downloaders. Its all down to the DRM BritBox use, I can capture it but ripping directly like NetFlix/Prime downloaders is a lot easier. I've tried a few but they all fall flat and can't find streams

I know its possible by using an Amazon Prime subscription and using BritBox as an extra, but found Amazon Prime TV had less content and the better content you are expected to 'rent' to watch it. My BritBox subscription is shared with my daughter and she isn't savvy enough for handling anything more complicated than logging into BritBox and watching it. BritBox allow upto 5 devices regardless of who they belong to so its allowed, unlike sharing subscriptions that NetFlix are getting tougher on. She shares that as well as I also have a 4 screen 4k subscription to NetFlix
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by steptoe View Post
    Has anybody had success in ripping streams from BritBox with web downloaders. Its all down to the DRM BritBox use, I can capture it but ripping directly like NetFlix/Prime downloaders is a lot easier. I've tried a few but they all fall flat and can't find streams

I know its possible by using an Amazon Prime subscription and using BritBox as an extra, but found Amazon Prime TV had less content and the better content you are expected to 'rent' to watch it. My BritBox subscription is shared with my daughter and she isn't savvy enough for handling anything more complicated than logging into BritBox and watching it. BritBox allow upto 5 devices regardless of who they belong to so its allowed, unlike sharing subscriptions that NetFlix are getting tougher on. She shares that as well as I also have a 4 screen 4k subscription to NetFlix
    Share login info via private message for BritBox and we can try.
    Quote Quote  
  14. I tested it tonight and it just seems to be a re-branded clone of StreamFab. It even has the HBOMAX h264/h265 bug they introduced a few versions back (i.e. you cannot download h264 from HBOMAX). Not sure if they pirated StreamFab or typical Chinese rebranding their software.

I have both StreamFab (which used to be the best until they added in 50 download limit per day). Anystream was a waste of money, it's only good if you want to download a few movies here are there. It has a weird limit too around 200 videos a day, and no batch at all.

Depends on your needs. If you collect TV series I'd go w/ StreamFab and have to deal with the daily limit.

I was curious to see if Y2Mate.ch also has that 50 download daily limit. I may subscribe for $20 and see, just don't want to be auto renewing. Has anyone tested that?
    Quote Quote  
  15. I just decided to try Y2Mate.ch for lousy $20 and canceled the recurring payment in Paypal.

Not only is it a clone of StreamFab but since my daily limit is still maxed out on StreamFab it is also Maxed on on Y2Mate.ch and I couldn;t even use it after I paid lol! They are obviously using the same server limit.

Better off buying StreamFab at least it's a 1 time payment.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by TubeBar View Post
    Anystream was a waste of money, it's only good if you want to download a few movies here are there. It has a weird limit too around 200 videos a day, and no batch at all.
    200 movies per day not enough for you ?
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by codehound View Post
    Originally Posted by TubeBar View Post
    Anystream was a waste of money, it's only good if you want to download a few movies here are there. It has a weird limit too around 200 videos a day, and no batch at all.
    200 movies per day not enough for you ?
    It's not actually 200 a day, they have a quirky process. It starts out at 200 and then it slowly goes back up. I think you average around 50 a day (in 24 hour period). If you wait a few days it goes back up to 100. It's a weird system.

Unfortunately I collect TV Series and it's a ton of files. Between manually having tp click and download each episode and and being limited it takes forever.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by TubeBar View Post
    I just decided to try Y2Mate.ch for lousy $20 and canceled the recurring payment in Paypal.

Not only is it a clone of StreamFab but since my daily limit is still maxed out on StreamFab it is also Maxed on on Y2Mate.ch and I couldn;t even use it after I paid lol! They are obviously using the same server limit.

Better off buying StreamFab at least it's a 1 time payment.
    I eventually realized there was a close association between StreamFab and Y2Mate.ch by noticing they worked on the exact same 23 streaming services. The format for Y2Mate.ch seemed so much cleaner because it did not have the same runaround to "authorize" or "try" as Streamfab, which made me initially think it was more different than it was. I lost interest in Y2Mate.ch after no one ever responded to my email inquiring on how to cancel.

I do have a couple of questions if you don't mind:

1) Was your cancellation with Paypal a straightforward and simple process as intended by Y2Mate.ch, or was it more like having to contact your credit card to stop a charge from an unscrupulous vendor? In other words, does it appear safe to buy if anyone was interested?

2) Reading the TOS for Y2Mate.ch somewhere, it appeared to suggest that after your subscription expired, you would no longer be allowed to update the program, but it might still work for awhile (i.e. until such time the streaming service made changes that would require an update to work again) . After you cancelled your subscription, did the program no longer work? Did you ever try it again after you were no longer maxed out on your downloads?
    Quote Quote  
  19. Why pay for Netflix downloading program when you can just screen record it from Firefox
    Quote Quote  
  20. Originally Posted by s-mp View Post
    Why pay for Netflix downloading program when you can just screen record it from Firefox
    I can only speak for myself. I only use these type of programs to watch old shows at a location without wifi. The only program I paid for was AnyStream, which is limited by not being able to do batch downloads. If all goes well, you can download a 10 show series in about an hour, instead of recording for 10 hours. You can still use your computer for other functions while the downloading takes place. You just spend about 30 seconds choosing another download, every five minutes or so. I will still screen record some shows as a last option, if there are no other choices. I built a good computer with a budget graphics card because I do not do any gaming. However, I have found it is difficult to record anything better than 1080p without occasional stuttering. Also, in the process of recording shows, I have seen spoilers. Just to get the recording started, you may see only about 5 seconds of a show. But, if those five seconds show people at a funeral, it can spoil almost a whole season. I also watch British and Australian shows that occasionally need subtitles. If you download, you typically get a higher quality video with subtitles that can be turned off and on. With recording, you have to choose whether to record with subtitles or not, for the whole show. If you add subtitles later, it takes even longer and may be out of sync. Screen recording can work fine if I just want to record a movie in 1080p and 30 fps without subtitles, and you schedule it record before you go to bed. But, it does not work well for television series, 2k, 4k, or subtitles. If any movie or show is relatively recent and half popular, the best way to secure for watching is through finding a cached torrent on Kodi with a Real-Debrid account.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Originally Posted by s-mp View Post
    Why pay for Netflix downloading program when you can just screen record it from Firefox
    "Video Streaming Download Forum"

[Attachment 61368 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    AnyStream does batch downloads perfectly. You need to buy the Plus version, its an update. I bought the program and yes it had some issues with 1080p but they are gone, now its 1080p on APV and Netflix and HBO. They have a trial that I used tio try it. It worked, but only 30 downloads. Mods are great and help alot.
    Quote Quote  
  23. On which devices can I use anystream plus? for example I want to pass the license to my sister who is in another country.
    she has her own hbo max account
    it's possible?
    Quote Quote  
  24. Some areas of Y2Mate can't be used, I can use this free YouTube downloader now.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Originally Posted by boboly55555 View Post
    Some areas of Y2Mate can't be used, I can use this free YouTube downloader now.
    what faults do you have? I was already convinced of the program, what a shame
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search PM
    I bought StreamFab and I'm not satisfied at all because I can't and don't want to solve the problem with downloading 1080p hbo you can only download 720p. Apple TV doesn't work. There are a lot of mistakes that they just can't solve because they are unprofessional and thieves are clean. Don't give money to thieves because you will be deceived after a month and maybe sooner
    Quote Quote