VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi there,
    Ive an ssue with ripping a protected DVD. Most of them are rippable with DVDDecrypter but that's the second edition of Ghostbusters II Ive bought and I cannot burn them. In my last purchase, I can only burn the bonus...
    Is there a stronger program to burn even strongly protected discs?
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  3. MakeMKV, freeware (at the moment!)
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    I'm looking for a serious program with same options and ergonomy as DVDDecrypter (choice of subtitles, language, getting separate .VOB files, etc...)
    Last edited by erzane; 26th Aug 2021 at 09:12.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    DVDDecrypter is quite an old program so will inevitably fail on more recent copy protection.

The free version of DVDFab is only occasionally updated so that is probably why it fails for you.

So you either wait for the update or acquire the full version of DVDFab. Anydvd is another possible program to try.
    Quote Quote  
  6. You could try PgcEdit (read the reviews) a free program available on this site.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    Is one of the purpose of AnyDVD to remove the protection? Since Ive installed that programm, but did not see any way to start any command to rip, Ive try DVDDecrypter again with my unrippable DVD and it works.
    Last edited by erzane; 26th Aug 2021 at 12:29.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Please read descriptions of programs:
    AnyDVD HD is a Windows based application that removes restrictions of DVD, UHD and Blu-ray media automatically in the background. AnyDVD HD works in the background to automatically and transparently enable read access of the contents of a movie DVD or Blu-ray as soon as it's inserted into the drive. The DVD/Blu-ray will become useable to your windows operating system and all programs on your computer, such as DVD/Blu-ray backup software like CloneDVD, CloneBD and others, then supporting any DVD or Blu-ray. AnyDVD HD optionally disables region codes, thereby making the movie region free and comfortably viewable on any DVD/Blu-ray player and with any DVD/Blu-ray playback software. Lifetime updates costs $115 or else it's 1 year updates for $60.

There is no need for countless threads here if it could be done by just reading descriptions and browsing the tools section of this site. Then read this thread again and think about your posts.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    >flash...007 : There is no need for countless threads here if it could be done by just replying and descripting as you did well - and I thank you for that - in the first part of your thread. Then read this thread again and think about your posts.

>DB83 : thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You could also try the free DVDSmith Movie Backup.
    Quote Quote