VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi everyone

I'm currently ripping blu-rays with Make MKV and transcoding them via Handbrake on a mac to stream via apple TV. The DVDs are classic series Doctor Who and often a single story consisting of a few episodes is available as one 'story' stream to rip and i can encode it as one (which makes my listings shorter and tidier). However some DVDs don't have this 'play all' stream, as the individual episodes have different options - like an extra alternative commentary track. These only exist as separate episodes to rip and encode. For these, I am combining them as individual mp4s in Quicktime and exporting them without encoding. BUT when i do that i lose all chapters and can only have one audio track.

One workaround is to combine the MKVs first using MKVtoolnix. BUT I can only do that if they have the same number of audio tracks.

So.. is there something i can use to edit tracks - delete, rearrange or even insert a placeholder blank audio track? I want to make each separate mkv the same, so that when i combine them there's no confusion or missing track information. I have MKVtoolnix, subler and Remux, but can't figure out a way to do this..

Thanks

Chris
    Quote Quote  
  2. Jjust use MkvToolnix to remux the episode(s) with just the audio track you want. Then join the four episodes together with MkvToonnix.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Jjust use MkvToolnix to remux the episode(s) with just the audio track you want. Then join the four episodes together with MkvToonnix.
    Jagabo, is there a way of copying or adding tracks in mkvtoolnix?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Just drag/drop them onto the window while it's running.
    Quote Quote