VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Have been using VLC for years. Recently put NEW install of Win 10 on pc, plus all my video apps for editing and viewing.

My issue for coming here today is how VLC now handles subtitles, specifically external .srt files.

Previously on old build when I would play a .mkv or .mp4 file that has muxed in subtitle(s) with an external .srt that had exact same name as the video file. VLC always defaulted to using the EXTERNAL .srt over the default muxed subpic.

Now on this NEW build it currently defaults to playing the default muxed subpic instead of using the external .srt file.

The reason this is giving grief, I do a lot of subtitle editing. It was much easier when it defaulted to the external .srt, now I find myself stripping out the muxed subpics before doing my editing of the external .srt

Is this a NEW feature in VLC ? Looked for switch in VLC but no joy finding one.

You can find my .srt's on Subscene ....
    Quote Quote  
  2. Image
    [Attachment 60393 - Click to enlarge]

Anyone know the proper answer to the attached pic?

I tried "-VLC-", "VLC" and "I agree" all failed ... i was pretty tired and brain dead zombie in my 1st attempt. Thought I would ask b4 attempting again.

Was trying to post my issue on VLC forum last night and couldn't register .... lol

Thanks in Advance, S420
    Quote Quote  
  3. Anyone ?

Someone has to know the answer to question in post #2 ....
    Quote Quote