VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
Thread
  1. I would like to convert some movies using this option but it always gives me an audio is too small issue. See part of the log below:

starting 2021-08-20@16_33_47_4710_01_audio@16:42:12.563 - C:\Program Files\Hybrid\_output\FELLOWSHIP.mp4
    adjusted window
    finished after 00:01:51.850
    -> 2021-08-20@16_33_47_4710_01_audio crashed: ERROR: C:\Program Files\Hybrid\_output\iId_1_aid_128_lang_en_2021-08-20@16_33_47_4710_01.ac3 is too small! (byteSize: 0byte)
    Aborting '2021-08-20@16_33_47_4710_01_audio' due to: ERROR: C:\Program Files\Hybrid\_output\iId_1_aid_128_lang_en_2021-08-20@16_33_47_4710_01.ac3 is too small! (byteSize: 0byte)
    adjusted window

Also, I am using Hybrid 2021.01.21.1 Should I update to the newest version? Also I was using the mkv container before and it made no difference.
    Quote Quote  
  2. This log is only intended for user information. It should not be part of a bug/problem report!!
    is the start of the log from which you posted, so do not expext that there is any meaningful information in it.

Have you read https://www.selur.de/support ?
    + I won't look at debug output of old versions.

I did change some code related to Hybrid analysing video, but from the looks of it there is some problem with the audio extraction.
    Seeing that your output folder is unside the Hybrid folder, you must be running Hybrid with admin rights, which isn't recommended.

Wild guess: Either mencoder/mplayer has problems with the paths of locations, the source is broken in some way or there is a bug in Hybrid.

Cu Selur
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
  3. I have tried it before with the input and output on the desktop. It has no problem with video files I have tried. The only issue I am getting is with DVD/VIDEO_TS.

Also, speaking of admin rights. I have turned them on and I still get the popup about running with admin rights.
    Quote Quote  
  4. okay,...
    Quote Quote  
  5. I must has skimmed over the debug output option. I will try again with it enabled.
    Quote Quote  
  6. The debug log is over 1 megabyte.

Another thing that I find odd is, at least some DVD's I have tried (LoTR trilogy in particular) Hybrid says they a are 29.97 CFR FPS instead of 23.98 CFR. The reason I say it is odd is because most (at least NTSC) movies run close to 24 FPS, and Handbrake tells me that the framerate is 23.98 FPS.
    Quote Quote  
  7. The debug log is over 1 megabyte.
    So? Have you read https://www.selur.de/support ?

Hybrid says they a are 29.97 CFR FPS instead of 23.98 CFR.
    probably fixed that already here locally, like I wrote:
    I did change some code related to Hybrid analysing video,..
    Cu Selur
    Quote Quote  
  8. Yes, I read it.

I was looking through and and searched for the word "error" and one thing I noticed is this:

2021.08.21 - 01:47:42_Windows 7 Version 6.1 (Build 7601: SP 1) (64bit)_2021.01.31.1 - level 9: Collected error output:
    libdvdread: Could not open D:\VIDEO_TS with libdvdcss.
    libdvdread: Can't open D:\VIDEO_TS for reading
    libdvdread: Device D:\VIDEO_TS inaccessible, CSS authentication not available.
    Possibly bad interleaving detected.
    Use -ni option if this causes playback issues and avoid or fix the program that created the file.

I am not sure if this is the problem or not but the disc image was decrypted with AnyDVD already.

Actually the debug log is about 2 megabytes. Just zipped up the txt. Can I upload it here?
    Quote Quote  
  9. 2021.08.21 - 01:47:42_Windows 7 Version 6.1 (Build 7601: SP 1) (64bit)_2021.01.31.1 - level 9: Collected error output:
    libdvdread: Could not open D:\VIDEO_TS with libdvdcss.
    libdvdread: Can't open D:\VIDEO_TS for reading
    libdvdread: Device D:\VIDEO_TS inaccessible, CSS authentication not available.
    is just happening since Hybrids mplayer/mencoder does not come with libdvdcss due to legal issues.

Possibly bad interleaving detected.
    Use -ni option if this causes playback issues and avoid or fix the program that created the file.
    might cause issues, but unrelated to audio extraction

I am not sure if this is the problem or not but the disc image was decrypted with AnyDVD already.
    Don't know either, but:
    a. Hybrid can't handle encrypted content (over here kreaking copy protections is not legally possible, no fair-use)
    b. assuming AnyDVD did a correct job and didn't reate on DVD compliant output it

Actually the debug log is about 2 megabytes. Just zipped up the txt. Can I upload it here?
    sure
    Quote Quote  
  10. Link removed

Also I am downloading the latest version as of this post.
    Last edited by 60fpshacksrock; 21st Aug 2021 at 02:26.
    Quote Quote  
  11. like I wrote:
    I won't look at debug output of old versions.
    -> I will send you a link via pm to my current dev version.

Cu Selur
    Quote Quote  
  12. Okay. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  13. As a side note: since "2021.01.31.1" support for Windows 7 was dropped, see https://www.selur.de/changelog, for some folks newer Hybrid versions still works on Windows 7, for others it does not.

Cu Selur
    Quote Quote  
  14. To me it is sad to see more people dropping Windows 7 support. It would be neat to have a fallback mode for the legacy OS.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Too much hassle to maintain (at least for a one-man-project like Hybrid), since it would mean having to write code multiple times and write workaround for stuff that is only possible with newer APIs.
    Quote Quote  
  16. I am backing up the version I have been using for a while in case the newer versions don't work.

Even if I have to stick with an older version that is fine. The other way I converted DVD movies with it was to first use VOB2MPG, then Handbrake x264 lossless to fix the framerate and then Hybrid for the interframe conversion. That is why I wanted to try and see what Hybrid could do without going through the other steps first.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Videohelp also has old version for download: https://www.videohelp.com/software/Hybrid/old-versions

In case the issue is still present in the dev version I send you a link to, create a debug output and I can look at it.

Cu Selur
    Quote Quote  
  18. I loads up. It told me something about changing some filter settings. Cannot remember which though.

So yeah, it won't convert until some kind of filter setting is changed.

Also it still says the FPS is 29.97 CFR FPS. MediaInfo also says this as well.

Debug log: https://www.mediafire.com/file/osf82lzqzodzv48/HybridDebugOutput.zip/file
    Quote Quote  
  19. Also it still says the FPS is 29.97 CFR FPS. MediaInfo also says this as well.
    DVD playback speed is 29.97 fps for DVDs so that seems correct. Hybrid will not show DVD content as 23.976 it will interprete 23.976 + 3:2 pulldown (= telecine) as 29.97.
    If the source if detected as telecine / telecine (soft) Hybrid will apply IVTC.

So yeah, it won't convert until some kind of filter setting is changed.
    To vague of a statement to comment on that.

Out of curiousity: Since you are only using DGDecNV, TDeint and Interframe, why are you using 32bit Avisynth and not 64bit Avisynth or even better Vapoursynth?

Cu Selur
    Quote Quote  
  20. To be honest I am not even sure what DGDecNV, TDeint are. I might have mistakenly enabled them at one point.

This is the error it is giving me: FilteringModel get -> found no field addCustomScriptCNR2

About Avisynth and Vapoursynth: I am not sure why it is even using 32-bit instead of 64-bit. And the reason I used Avisynth is because the speed is maybe faster, and also when converted using it some frames (specifically faster motion) were not interpolated. I am guessing some avoid interpolating the faster motion frames because it can cause a sort ripple or waterlike stream effect
    Quote Quote  
  21. This is the error it is giving me: FilteringModel get -> found no field addCustomScriptCNR2
    Resetting your edefaults should fix that.

To be honest I am not even sure what DGDecNV, TDeint are. I might have mistakenly enabled them at one point.
    DGDecNV (http://rationalqm.us/dgdecnv/dgdecnv.html): is a source filter that is used for some content if a NVIDIA card is detected and Filtering->Avisynth->Misc->Ource->Support DGDecNV is enabled.

TDeint(http://avisynth.nl/index.php/TDeint) is a deinterlacer, which you must have selected yourself, since Hybrid by default would use QTGMC.

About Avisynth and Vapoursynth: I am not sure why it is even using 32-bit instead of 64-bit.
    Avisynth 32bit is the default since some filters of Avisynth are not available when using 64bit. You can change between 32bit and 64bit Avisynth through changing "Config->Internals->Avisynth->Avisynth type".

And the reason I used Avisynth is because the speed is maybe faster, and also when converted using it some frames (specifically faster motion) were not interpolated. I am guessing some avoid interpolating the faster motion frames because it can cause a sort ripple or waterlike stream effect
    Usually Vapoursynth is faster (assuming your system has more than 4+ logical cores). I have - so far - not seen a difference between using "Avisynth Interframe/SVP" vs. "Vapoursynth Interframe/SVP". Normally both Avisynth and Vapoursynth interpolation methods are better than using the ffmpeg based interpolation methods (Filtering->Speed Change)

But hey, if you are happy with the current results, that's fine.

Cu Selur
    Quote Quote  
  22. I reset all the options and it fixed that issue. Thank you.

Now going to try again to convert VIDEO_TS with this dev version.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Was converting and clicked Preview and it crashed. Other than that it now seems to work when I drag an ISO to it instead of crashing like the older version.

Also the the zero bytes audio issue is fixed. I notice it now takes longer to extract the audio than before but I don't really care since it actually did it this time without any errors.

Using the free tool Process Hacker I see ffmpeg is doing something but I am unsure as to what as Hybrid doesn't show any activity.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Also the the zero bytes audio issue is fixed. I notice it now takes longer to extract the audio than before but I don't really care since it actually did it this time without any errors.
    No clue why it would be slower.

Was converting and clicked Preview and it crashed. Other than that it now seems to work when I drag an ISO to it instead of crashing like the older version.
    Yes, current version should not crash, but also like the old version can't handle iso input.

Using the free tool Process Hacker I see ffmpeg is doing something but I am unsure as to what as Hybrid doesn't shaw any activity.
    Hybrid will only show progress if > 0% is processed and it should at least show that a sub job is started,..
    Quote Quote  
  25. What I meant to say was the current dev version crashes on previewing. Apologies for not writing that more clearly than I did.

I was able to get the command by using the PH tool:

"C:\Program Files\Hybrid\64bit\ffmpeg.exe" -y -loglevel fatal -noautorotate -nostdin -threads 2 -i "C:\Program Files\Hybrid\_output\encodingTempSynthSkript_2021-08-21@04_01_14_0610.avs" -an -sn -vf zscale=rangein=tv:range=tv -pix_fmt yuv420p -vsync 0 -f rawvideo -

The I/O usage is around 4 to 5 megabytes but I don't see but two files.

Edit: Check this out:
    [Attachment 60386 - Click to enlarge]
    Last edited by 60fpshacksrock; 21st Aug 2021 at 04:27.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Like I wrote before: Hybrid does not support iso input.
    Using an iso as input will not work!

Normally should show (at least in the dev version):
    Code:
    ---------------------------
    Error
    Aborting since Hybrid could not identify the frame count of the input!
    OK   
    and clear the input.

Cu Selur
    Quote Quote  
  27. Well you said "Yes, current version should not crash, but also like the old version can't handle iso input."

So I thought you meant the newer version did support it. Funnily enough it detects the information such as the framerate and other stuff from iso.

Is iso support planned or a work in progress?
    Quote Quote  
  28. Strangely all isos I have here end with an error and Hybrid clears the input.
    -> I'll make sure to add some code to start wiping the system in case someone starts to feed Hybrid with isos again and is running with admin/rooto rights.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Edited my last post with another question.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Is iso support planned or a work in progress?
    Not planned, no wip, will not come.
    It's just some freak MediaInfo output paired with reanalysing the input using ffmpeg as fallback which allows Hybrid to collect some information.
    Quote Quote