VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Long story shortened: I often record series from TV broadcasters using a VU+DUO2 satellite receiver. This records in TS format.
    I copy the videofiles to my iMac 27" 2019 and edit them.
    I always used Wondershare uniconverter.
    Since my favorite broadcaster switched to Full HD broadcasts, navigating through my movie in the edit screen is laggy. Also the output file gives a slightly stuttering picture.

Looked around and I found Movavi video converter. Installed this program and my first edit was very very fast and gave a fluently sharp picture as output. Much nicer program to make edits as Wondershare.

But... after the second edit, the main video window became greenish distorted. Moving over the edit bar, I have non distorted pop-up windows. The output file (MP4) is also clear.

First converting the movie from TS to MP4 makes it usable to edit, but this way is very curse.

Saw in the FAQ's of Movavi the same problem on Windows machines due a missing driver of the GPU or due a missing OpenGL. But I think this isn't relevant on Macs. I also have the same behavior on a MBP 13" A1708. (both running on Big Sur latest version)
    I have uninstalled, reinstalled Movavi could not fix this problem.

I add a screenshot of my problem. Hopefully someone has the clue for this...
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Schermafbeelding 2021-08-13 om 21.07.20.png
Views:	43
Size:	455.7 KB
ID:	60351  

Quote Quote  
  2. Have you tried playing that mp4 video in any other program?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Its a video in TS format what goes wrong. It works without any problem on any other player what plays TS files.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    I had a similar issue with a video editor acting up during the trial period, which can sometimes happen if the software restricts certain features until you subscribe. After I subscribed, everything worked seamlessly, no more glitches.

For your issue, it might be something specific to your Mac setup. Since you're running into the same problem on two different Macs, you could check out Movavi's support page for Mac-related issues. See this guide on their site: https://www.movavi.com/learning-portal/combine-videos-windows-10.html.
    Quote Quote