VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hey guys, I'm in the process of digitizing a bunch of old cassettes. I'm using the Hitachi to play the TDK 8mm HS90 tapes, and Fuhi p5-90 tapes. I'm deep into 7 and they ALL show this:

[Attachment 60313 - Click to enlarge]

All of these tapes have written titles, such as "wedding day" or "departing day 1". I really doubt someone sat around erasing all of these tapes. I have been able to use some 8mm tapes on this recorder successfully. I also tried to recording a little bit on the HS90 tape, which worked fine. I'm just concerned if perhaps it does have recorded information on it, but in a format not readable by my (pal8) camcorder. Is this a possibility?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Try clean the video heads on the video drum, Do you own research on how to clean the video heads properly.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by dellsam34 View Post
    Try clean the video heads on the video drum, Do you own research on how to clean the video heads properly.
    This is not the issue. As I mentioned in the OP, I am able to record over bits of the tape and play it back.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Sorry didn't notice the second part of your post, If the tapes have recordings on them they have to be Digital8, therefore you need a D8 camcorder. In that case you will need a firewire port to transfer (not capture) the contents of the tapes to computer without any loss using apps like ScenlyzerLive or WinDV.
    Quote Quote