VideoHelp Forum

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I want to capture some TV series from the TubiTV site. I can get the movies just fine. But I have found nothing that works on most of the TV shows. Most are encrypted. There is some problem with a redirection within TubiTV that "hides" the episodes from programs like YouTube-dl. TubiTV will auto run the next show in the series. I could make it full screen on a second monitor and just let OBS run. I plan on running OBS in a higher quality than I need to, just 'cause. I really only want clips from each show. The "fun" scenes. I will recompress them later. What do you think? Will OBS crash? Will my PC crash? I have a big SSD to capture to. The file size could be a problem.
    Last edited by ChasVideo; 11th Aug 2021 at 05:03.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by ChasVideo View Post
    What do you think? Will OBS crash? Will my PC crash?
    I think you should try.
    I think OBS will not crash nor will your PC.
    But you need to try
    Quote Quote  
  3. You can run OBS for months without crashing
    Quote Quote  
  4. ^^ Agree I regularly run it all night, overnight because of worldwide timezones and turn it off in the morning.

Success will depend on your source's integrity / reliabilty, not OBS.

Also remember to fully review your power settings or your hardware will go into sleep / standby mode.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks. Yes, I know that I may get stutters and dropouts but have to live with those. TubiTV has a glitch where it will hang when it is supposed to load the commercials. Pressing the forward arrow key will fix it. I may get 7 1/2 hours of a blank screen

I am going to try again to find a downloader that will work. Before I use OBS. Someone may have fixed the problem by now.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I just captured a 14 min. short film with OBS, and was amazed at how really good it came out. I changed the settings to higher res, and was thrilled. It looks like the original.

Is it safe to assume that the larger and better quality your monitor is, the better the potential quality of the screen grab will be? I got a new 27" monitor a few months ago, and I'd like to think that had some influence on the quality of my capture.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by hiptune View Post
    I just captured a 14 min. short film with OBS, and was amazed at how really good it came out. I changed the settings to higher res, and was thrilled. It looks like the original.

Is it safe to assume that the larger and better quality your monitor is, the better the potential quality of the screen grab will be? I got a new 27" monitor a few months ago, and I'd like to think that had some influence on the quality of my capture.
    Yes, OBS is pretty ******* good at capturing. Barely any stutter/lagging.

As for the monitor, no, lol. The monitor is for your viewing.
    Now obviously, if it has bigger resolution than the previous one, it is supposed to be better.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by [ss]vegeta View Post
    Originally Posted by hiptune View Post

Yes, OBS is pretty ******* good at capturing. Barely any stutter/lagging.

As for the monitor, no, lol. The monitor is for your viewing.
    Now obviously, if it has bigger resolution than the previous one, it is supposed to be better.
    There must be some hardware in a given system that can improve things? Like if not the monitor, then the graphics card GPU? Something must determine just how great a capture can be besides the original source of course. Whatever hardware is feeding OBS must make a difference.
    Quote Quote