VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi All,

I got my brand new Sony A80J yesterday, and I hooked it up with my Denon AV receiver X4500.

For a strange reason, I couldn't get Dolby Atmos from Kodi from files that have been codec with 7.1 channels AC-3 MLP FBA 16-ch, and only 5.1 Atmos was working.

[Attachment 60264 - Click to enlarge]

[Attachment 60265 - Click to enlarge]

From what I could understand, all the files that I've downloaded from torrent sites with Atmos 7.1 this TV does not know how to "understand" and just put signal "Dolby Digital Plus", which causes the sound especially the center channel to be at a very low volume and incorrect.

All movies that were ripped from Disney+/Netflix etc that are Dolby Atmos 5.1 source did work fine and the receiver did change to Atmos output.

So according to this conclusion my only option is to convert all of my movies from one format to another, and this is where I need your help, I tried searching a lot but nothing works, can you pleas help me out with this issue.

2. Member
    Search PM
    Anyone can help me with this?

Please!!!

3. You can try clever Ffmpeg-GUI to convert your 7.1 to eac3 5.1, but without Atmos.

4. Member
    Search PM
    Hi ProWo,

Thank you for the suggestion, but saving Atmos is what I'm looking for...

5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by guandms View Post
    Hi ProWo,

Thank you for the suggestion, but saving Atmos is what I'm looking for...
    It's my understanding the 3D positional data from the Atmos can not be converted to any other type.
    This is always lost when trying to extract anything from the original file

6. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    guandms-please do not ask for help on illegally downloaded videos from paid streaming sites,this is against forum rules,this thread is closed.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.