VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
Thread
  1. Hello, Thanks for clicking on me hopefully to help not laugh !

I have inherited lots of m2p video files and my task is to get them onto a playable DVD.

ive downloaded and paid for programmes google told me ( I will never listen to google again ! )

would anyone be able to get me a step process on doing such - you needed mention step 1 of turning on the pc - (ive got that one covered)

as always on any forum thank you in advance for the help
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    M2p is not a standard designation for dvd era mpeg video (it is usually m2v when elementary stream, and m2s, mpg when multiplexed). So we would first need to determine EXACTLY what you have there.

Throw a couple of your files at Mediainfo and post the detailed text readout here.

If it is already mpeg, perhaps it may already be compliant and it just needs to be A. concatenated and B. remuxed (or B and then A). But we won't know until you post that readout, or an actual non-reencoded clip.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    M2p is not a standard designation for dvd era mpeg video (it is usually m2v when elementary stream, and m2s, mpg when multiplexed). So we would first need to determine EXACTLY what you have there.

Throw a couple of your files at Mediainfo and post the detailed text readout here.

If it is already mpeg, perhaps it may already be compliant and it just needs to be A. concatenated and B. remuxed (or B and then A). But we won't know until you post that readout, or an actual non-reencoded clip.

Scott
    Thank you
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	info.PNG
Views:	40
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	60248  

Quote Quote  
  4. i have tried to open the files in these programmes neither allow it
    Quote Quote  
  5. what option did you use to open it - all the options im giving are to take from dvd or blue ray and copy to another
    Quote Quote  
  6. Open DVDStyler
    No template.
    Drag-dropped m2p.m2p onto the menu,
    Created an ISO image - attached.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  7. unable to PERFORM OPC: A device attached to the system is not functioning.
    \\.\G:: "Current Write Speed" is 8.2x1352KBps.
    :-[ WRITE@LBA=1f020h failed with SK=4h/LOGICAL UNIT COMMUNICATION CRC ERROR (ULTRA-DMA/32)]: A device attached to the system is not functioning.
    write failed: A device attached to the system is not functioning.
    \\.\G:: flushing cache
    \\.\G:: updating RMA
    \\.\G:: closing disc
    mkisofs: Broken pipe. cannot fwrite 32768*1
    Quote Quote  
  8. Don't use DVDStyler to burn a DVD.

Select either "Just generate" or "create iso image". Test it with a software player and burn with ImgBurn or CDBurnerXP.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You did not do what Scott asked you to do. That report is just a summary and TBH is looks like a basic mpeg2 file. Select View >> Text for a more detailed report.

But if avstodvd can not open/process the file there really is something seriously wrong with it.

So another approach will be to upload that sample to a hosting site (or Google Drive if you have that with correct sharing set) and provide the link then we can take a closer look - if you have one less than 500 mb you can upload that direct to this topic as an attachment.
    Quote Quote  
  10. The m2p file is an MPEG 2 program stream. Try renaming it .mpg (the more common extension) instead of .m2p. That may get it working in the programs you've tried.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Well here i am again no closer to creating a dvd. any kind soul willing to help a old man out with simple steps ive tried new discs, new external burners ive purchased programmes and ive gained grey hairs.

Please
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Apart from the above guide - and avstodvd is a good program - it really would help your cause if you did as asked and provide an original sample of one of these m2p files
    Quote Quote  
  13. how do i provide that ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Below where you will reply click on 'Upload files'. Follow the instructions on the upload page. Important that you stay on the page until the file has been fully uploaded. You will get a message accordingly.

The uploaded file is then available for us to take a look at it.
    Quote Quote  
  15. did this work
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  16. so i converted it to .mp4 like i was told it then wont let me make it into a dvd it just fails each time.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The whole point of the exercise to to see if the mp2 file(s) will work.

If the upload does not accept a straight file (under 500 mb) just zip one.

However, avstodvd had no issue with your mp3 as the attached shows
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  18. i think im at the stage where the issue im haaving has changed...

i can convert its the bit from the file i uploaded to burning to dvd keeps failing on different discs different external burners, I've no clue if i need or what even a iso is.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    avstodvd works in conjuction with imgburn

Do not worry about ISO. Just import the VIDEO_TS folder (not the files within the folder) and burn preferable at half the max speed the disk supports. Thus for 16x disks you burn at 8x

If you have created an ISO there is another option within imgburn to import that.

FYI an ISO is just an image of the folders as created above.
    Quote Quote  
  20. do you have team viewer so u can see the problem live ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    No idea what that is.

All I suggest is that you do screencaps at each stage and put them in a zip or rar file. The other possibility is you do a screen-recording and upload that for viewing.

You do have an external burner and not a simple external dvd-player ?
    Quote Quote  
  22. Originally Posted by bitofmorethanicanchew View Post
    i think im at the stage where the issue im haaving has changed...

i can convert
    There's no need to convert. Your .m2p file is already DVD compatible. It just needs to be authored to make a movie DVD.

Or you may find that you can just rename it .mpg (the usual extension for MPEG 2 program streams) and write it to a data DVD -- many DVD players will play .mpg files on a data DVD. You wouldn't do that if you are planning to send copies of the DVD to others but if it's just for your personal viewing it may be fine.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Hi all thanks for the responses so far.....

so i have a convertor and i convert the m2p files to mp4

that bit is fine

im having issues with creating a playable DVD that i would like to share with others....

each time with a new disc or a new dvd rw external driver its gives me errors that it can not complete.

so my problem i need addressing is why - the discs are way big enough the dvd rw external drivers are brand new ....

im clearly doing something wrong. or 2 dvd rw external drives are faulty

any simple responsed please ?
    Quote Quote  
  24. does anyone have team viewer who can see if im doing it right?
    Quote Quote  
  25. Originally Posted by bitofmorethanicanchew View Post
    so i have a convertor and i convert the m2p files to mp4
    That's waste of time and it's reducing the quality of your video. And it will be reduced again when the mp4 file recompressed and muxed into a VOB file. Have you tried what I suggested? Just rename the m2p file mpg. Eg, video.m2p to video.mpg. That will almost certainly make it work with just about any DVD authoring program.

Originally Posted by bitofmorethanicanchew View Post
    im having issues with creating a playable DVD that i would like to share with others....
    Then you want to author a movie DVD. That is what AVS2DVD does. Actually it creates an ISO image (something like a photocopy of a DVD) that you then can then write to a DVD with ImgBurn (the best DVD burning software).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optical_disc_image

each time with a new disc or a new dvd rw external driver its gives me errors that it can not complete.
    You should quote the full error message or a screen shot. And when are you going to say what program you're using? Nobody can help you without that information.

so my problem i need addressing is why - the discs are way big enough the dvd rw external drivers are brand new ....
    The size of your MP4 video has nothing to do with whether it will fit on a movie DVD. It has to be re-encoded to MPEG 2 with MP2 , AC3 or PCM Audio. It will likely grow much larger when you do that.

im clearly doing something wrong.
    Yes. But you're not giving enough information to help you.

Rather than asking for someone with TeamViewer why don't you just post screen shots and descriptions everything your doing. The onus is on you to help us help you.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Thanks for replying - i have installed the programme - this is the first error i will proceed on to get the next error

Name:	error 1.PNG
Views:	15
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	60952  

Quote Quote  
  27. so ive followed the instructions but its not burning to dvd ?

Name:	screen cap 2.PNG
Views:	10
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	60953  

Click image for larger version

Name:	screen3.PNG
Views:	6
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	60954  

Quote Quote