Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	sc5.PNG
Views:	17
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	60956  

Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    USB attached device? Looks like bad media or a problem with the burner iself
    Quote Quote  
  4. Yes, it looks like a DVD burner problem or media incompatibility. Try a lower burning speed -- like 4x. And if I remember correctly, CMC MAG is crap media. Get some Verbatim Datalife Plus AZO discs. Make sure to get the type type supported by your drive, DVD+R or DVD-R. Also try different/better USB cables.

You can test the VIDEO_TS folder by playing the VIDEO_TS.IFO file in a media player like VLC. Or "Open Video Folder" in some players.

And once you get the burning problem resolved go back and use one of your m2p in AVS2DVD. Converting to MP4 is a waste of time and a needless reduction in quality.
    Last edited by jagabo; 25th Sep 2021 at 22:53.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Hi all, Thank you for everyone that attempted to help, thought i would pop back to say it was BOTH external dvd rws ! that was causing the problem something with the usb or something but now working fine. in the politest way i hope i dont come back again hahah. good health to all
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Np.

At least you had the common courtesy to come back and advise us. Not everyone does that.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    m2p is a rarely used extension for an MPEG2 elementary video stream.
    Grass Valley ProCoder uses it to my knowledge.
    If you want to rename the extension you should use m2v or mpv, not mpg or mpeg.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by Skiller View Post
    m2p is a rarely used extension for an MPEG2 elementary video stream.
    Grass Valley ProCoder uses it to my knowledge.
    If you want to rename the extension you should use m2v or mpv, not mpg or mpeg.
    If you look at the MediaInfo report in the post #3 you'll see it's an MPEG 2 Program Stream with both video and audio, not an MPEG 2 elementary stream.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    As @jagabo has already said, that file is NOT compatible with authored DVD-Video, and would need to be re-encoded first (losing yet again more quality). Probably needing reencoding in another program.

Also, this is NOT the file you showed us in post #3, which WAS DVD-Video compatible. USE THAT ONE. In AVS2DVD, or similar apps.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    If you look at the MediaInfo report in the post #3 you'll see it's an MPEG 2 Program Stream with both video and audio, not an MPEG 2 elementary stream.
    Quite strange then, I wonder what has been used to spit this out.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Hi All Guess who !

Ok so now im happy creating dvds from the M2p files - coverted to mp4? to make playable dvds but the quality is ok but i wonder if i should be compressing or doing something else to get better quality - if i open the video file the quality is better than if i play the dvd i created.

as always thanks to the helpful people - yes im a beginner but i have manners so thanks in advance .
    Quote Quote  
  12. How many times do I have to tell you: don't convert to MP4. It's a waste of time and reduces quality. Demux the M2P file to elementary video and audio streams then author.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    You did NOT follow instructions. You were told to try first renaming the *.mp2 to *.mpg and then to author that to dvd, but your screenshot clearly shows you using the mp4 that we said was not a good idea.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    You did NOT follow instructions. You were told to try first renaming the *.mp2 to *.mpg and then to author that to dvd, but your screenshot clearly shows you using the mp4 that we said was not a good idea.

Scott
    like this

Name:	sc1.PNG
Views:	7
Size:	17.3 KB
ID:	61306  

Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    How many times do I have to tell you: don't convert to MP4. It's a waste of time and reduces quality. Demux the M2P file to elementary video and audio streams then author.
    what is the preffered programme to use to do this - i have a paid versions of wondershare and dvd creator wondershare but neither recognise the format
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by bitofmorethanicanchew View Post
    How many times do I have to tell you: don't convert to MP4. It's a waste of time and reduces quality. Demux the M2P file to elementary video and audio streams then author.
    what is the preffered programme to use to do this - i have a paid versions of wondershare and dvd creator wondershare but neither recognise the format
    I would use ffmpeg but you probably don't want to deal with command lines. Try DgIndex, part of the DgMpegDec package for AviSynth.

http://rationalqm.us/dgmpgdec/dgmpgdec.html

Don't worry about all the AviSynth stuff, just run Dgindex.exe. Open one of the M2P files (maybe renamed as MPG) and Select File -> Save Project and Demux video. You'll get an MPEG2 elementary video stream and and MPEG1 Layer 2 elementary audio stream.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Originally Posted by bitofmorethanicanchew View Post
    I would use ffmpeg but you probably don't want to deal with command lines. Try DgIndex, part of the DgMpegDec package for AviSynth.

http://rationalqm.us/dgmpgdec/dgmpgdec.html

Don't worry about all the AviSynth stuff, just run Dgindex.exe. Open one of the M2P files (maybe renamed as MPG) and Select File -> Save Project and Demux video. You'll get an MPEG2 elementary video stream and and MPEG1 Layer 2 elementary audio stream.

Good Morning - Thank you as always - please see screen shot attatched, im guessing most of my library is already done like this ? is this what you was suggesting ?

Name:	ss2.PNG
Views:	6
Size:	4.0 KB
ID:	61320  

Quote Quote