VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Is it possible to remove the numerous dupe frames from a choppy 25fps Zoom video download, convert to 23.976, and keep the running time the same?

I've been experimenting with Hybrid, but I can't seem to find the best settings.
    Quote Quote  
  2. If you remove "numerous" duplicates , this means the output must be variable frame rate (VFR) to keep the same running time and to keep sync. ie. each frame will have different display durations, some longer, to compensate . VFR does not improve the "choppiness" - it will appear exactly the same in terms of bad motion

The only way to improve the choppiness is to interpolate synthesize new in-between frames, such as with optical flow . Some issues with this approach are generated artifacts, and for "numerous" duplicates - strings of more than 2 - it can be difficult to "automatically" determine which frames to interpolate. It depends what you mean by "numerous" - are they groups of duplicates, strings of triplicates or more? .. etc...
    Quote Quote  
  3. Is it possible to remove the numerous dupe frames from a choppy 25fps Zoom video download, convert to 23.976, and keep the running time the same?
    sRestore(frate=23.976) should be able to do that.

After that, I agree with poisondeathray, frame interpolation is probably your best (automated) change.

Cu Selur
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
  4. MediaInfo tells me the file is 25fps, contant frame rate, progressive.

I'm seeing no more than one or two dupe frames at a time.

I've tried a few different settings with sRestore and Interpolation in Hybrid, but the output files still have dupe frames. I guess I'm not setting the various other options correctly?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Might be can't really say without a sample. Might be that you have to use a lower frame rate with sRestore to first remove all the dupes, but depending on the source going to low might not be a good idea if it means losing to many good frames.
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote