VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

I have been using SubtitleEdit for years but now I have a new computer, HP Pavillion AMD Ryzen and immediately got into sound problems.
    SE defaults to mpv which, at first, worked, except if the computer went to sleep no sound was available until restarting the software.
    Then Win added some updates which seem to have resulted in no sound at all with mpv or just a short 1 sec. sound or sound until I paused. When hitting play again, no sound at all.

Changing to VLC gives sound but after pausing the sound is distorted unless I click on the line in the editor, then it usually sounds OK. I have searched and searched for a solution but no avail. Is anyone here familiar with this problem?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Bodvar.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Subtitle Edit has nothing to do with audio.
    Check your computer settings instead.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    The op is talking about the sound that syncs with the sub in subtitle edit with the player that subtitle uses.The issues sounds like the onboard sound needs to be updated.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks to those who replied.

I was using the BenQ driver/sound settings (related to my screen which my speakers were connected to) and after I posted this I thought of changing to the default Realtec driver and connecting the speakers directly to the computer. That seems to work OK.

However it seems odd to me that the sound engines(?) of the mpv and vlc do not behave properly with the BenQ driver (which otherwise sounds great).

Thanks again,
    Bodvar
    Quote Quote