So, this year Artstation will be making their learning tutorials for free, meaning I won't have to pay them to see their material.
I would really like to download some of their material for my craft - am an artist myself - without needing to run a record software over the fullscreened video.
Here's an example of what I want to download :
Please, help me out. I really need to know how to acquire those videos. This player is a real hard nut to crack and I do not have the knowledge to do so myself.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10
brocel helped you
use yt-dlp to download
yt-dlp --allow-unplayable-formats https://content-aeuf1.uplynk.com/preplay2/4c4983cb9972401f94c02254558674e3/eb443f4206c5fdbfa3e2713034040902/6fRpmiEMWCKKw8JuASTRBN5PCVSstZxBRTzdBWQbvH0T.mpd?pbs=1e112d41b0b04f88b995d8783598ce0b
yes it is true
also KID change on refresh...
Ok that's great! I understand how to download the .mpd files from the links with the usage of yt-dlp.
But I have some questions :
1 - How do I get keys from the website in question?
2 - How do I decrypt those keys?
3 - What is the overall complete pipeline to download those videos from Artstation?
I would really appreciate some final push, please. I am sorry, I do not know anything about programming.
Please, I would forever be in debt with you, were you to help me with this.
Ok, this is my semi-automated solution to my issue :
It almost does the job, but then it fails to decrypt. Close enough for single videos, though I don't recommend this for multiple videos. Not at all.
Perhaps in the future the code will get improved or so.
Anyhow, here's the codes you will need:
- Parnex github stuff
1. Put all of them in your root folder, the same as Parnex.
2. Run Command Prompt, hit cd and change directory to that root folder.
3. Don't forget to use the extension! Read in detail the post for correct usage, in the link above.
REMEMBER TO PRESS 2 AND NOT DELETE ENCRYPTED STUFF!!!
4. After you have all the needed stuff, use this command ---> mp4decrypt --key KID:Key encrypted.mp4 video_decrypted.mp4
5. Then for audio ---> mp4decrypt --key KID:Key encrypted.m4a audio_decrypted.m4a
6. Keep trying the audio until you figure out. Keys are a mess for this website, can't be helped.
7. Finally, run this last command ---> ffmpeg -i video_decrypted.mp4 -i audio_decrypted.m4a -c:v copy -c:a aac videoXX.mp4
8. Clean up files, rename as needed, etc.
OPTIONAL: Press Ctrl+Shift+I to get to developer mode. Go to Network tab, type srt in the search tab. Refresh if needed Ctrl+R, play video again. Get the subtitle file this way.
Once done, rename it to videoXX_language.srt
With VLC, it should automatically play with track on it.
9. You should be done with this!
Have fun using this if you need help with Artstation, I guess. Hopefully somebody will be able to improve the code in the future.