VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. So, this year Artstation will be making their learning tutorials for free, meaning I won't have to pay them to see their material.

I would really like to download some of their material for my craft - am an artist myself - without needing to run a record software over the fullscreened video.

Here's an example of what I want to download :

https://www.artstation.com/learning/courses/Nm2/introduction/chapters/Q3Z/atmospheric-depth

Please, help me out. I really need to know how to acquire those videos. This player is a real hard nut to crack and I do not have the knowledge to do so myself.

Thank you!
    Quote Quote  
  2. brocel helped you
    Quote Quote  
  3. use yt-dlp to download
    Code:
    yt-dlp --allow-unplayable-formats https://content-aeuf1.uplynk.com/preplay2/4c4983cb9972401f94c02254558674e3/eb443f4206c5fdbfa3e2713034040902/6fRpmiEMWCKKw8JuASTRBN5PCVSstZxBRTzdBWQbvH0T.mpd?pbs=1e112d41b0b04f88b995d8783598ce0b
    then use this key to decrypt
    Code:
    dcfe385c150b4c9c8af823f3100fe76f:de2feded578543620f39674e1091eeff
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by lomero View Post
    then use this key to decrypt
    Code:
    dcfe385c150b4c9c8af823f3100fe76f:de2feded578543620f39674e1091eeff
    Keys are different for video and audio.
    Plus, the extension can give different keys for same KID on refresh.
    Quote Quote  
  5. yes it is true
    also KID change on refresh...
    wired
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by lomero View Post
    yes it is true
    also KID change on refresh...
    wired
    This was also happening with the previous Tommer extension.
    After a few reloads I think it gives proper key.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Ok that's great! I understand how to download the .mpd files from the links with the usage of yt-dlp.

But I have some questions :

1 - How do I get keys from the website in question?

2 - How do I decrypt those keys?

3 - What is the overall complete pipeline to download those videos from Artstation?

I would really appreciate some final push, please. I am sorry, I do not know anything about programming.

Please, I would forever be in debt with you, were you to help me with this.

Thank you!
    Quote Quote  
  8. Ok, this is my semi-automated solution to my issue :

https://github.com/parnexcodes/widevine-L3-WEB-DL-Script/tree/method-2

It almost does the job, but then it fails to decrypt. Close enough for single videos, though I don't recommend this for multiple videos. Not at all.

Perhaps in the future the code will get improved or so.

Anyhow, here's the codes you will need:

- Parnex github stuff

- mp4decrypt

- ffmpeg

1. Put all of them in your root folder, the same as Parnex.

2. Run Command Prompt, hit cd and change directory to that root folder.

3. Don't forget to use the extension! Read in detail the post for correct usage, in the link above.
    REMEMBER TO PRESS 2 AND NOT DELETE ENCRYPTED STUFF!!!

4. After you have all the needed stuff, use this command ---> mp4decrypt --key KID:Key encrypted.mp4 video_decrypted.mp4

5. Then for audio ---> mp4decrypt --key KID:Key encrypted.m4a audio_decrypted.m4a

6. Keep trying the audio until you figure out. Keys are a mess for this website, can't be helped.

7. Finally, run this last command ---> ffmpeg -i video_decrypted.mp4 -i audio_decrypted.m4a -c:v copy -c:a aac videoXX.mp4

8. Clean up files, rename as needed, etc.

OPTIONAL: Press Ctrl+Shift+I to get to developer mode. Go to Network tab, type srt in the search tab. Refresh if needed Ctrl+R, play video again. Get the subtitle file this way.
    Once done, rename it to videoXX_language.srt

With VLC, it should automatically play with track on it.

9. You should be done with this!

Have fun using this if you need help with Artstation, I guess. Hopefully somebody will be able to improve the code in the future.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by halafradrimx View Post
    Ok, this is my semi-automated solution to my issue :

It almost does the job, but then it fails to decrypt. Close enough for single videos, though I don't recommend this for multiple videos. Not at all.

- Parnex github stuff

- mp4decrypt

- ffmpeg

3. Don't forget to use the extension! Read in detail the post for correct usage, in the link above.

4. After you have all the needed stuff, use this command ---> mp4decrypt --key KID:Key encrypted.mp4 video_decrypted.mp4

5. Then for audio ---> mp4decrypt --key KID:Key encrypted.m4a audio_decrypted.m4a

6. Keep trying the audio until you figure out. Keys are a mess for this website, can't be helped.

7. Finally, run this last command ---> ffmpeg -i video_decrypted.mp4 -i audio_decrypted.m4a -c:v copy -c:a aac videoXX.mp4

OPTIONAL: Press Ctrl+Shift+I to get to developer mode. Go to Network tab, type srt in the search tab. Refresh if needed Ctrl+R, play video again. Get the subtitle file this way.

Have fun using this if you need help with Artstation, I guess. Hopefully somebody will be able to improve the code in the future.
    Why my audio get format .fv0 on yt-dl ? i try to rename to m4a and decrypt, doesn't work,no audio
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by moralesz View Post
    Originally Posted by halafradrimx View Post
    Ok, this is my semi-automated solution to my issue :

- Parnex github stuff

- mp4decrypt

- ffmpeg

Why my audio get format .fv0 on yt-dl ? i try to rename to m4a and decrypt, doesn't work,no audio
    Because audio from Artstation is weird to retrieve.

The KID stays the same, but the keys keep changing several times.

For some weird reason, it's how it works at that website. You need to manually put the keys in the command line, unfortunately.
    Quote Quote