VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Child of God
    Search Comp PM
    Can anyone recommend the best way to rip videos from YouTube while still maintaining top quality? Free methods are preferable, of course.
    "They will walk after the LORD, He will roar like a lion; indeed He will roar and His sons will come trembling from the west." - Hosea 11:10
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
  3. Child of God
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    youtube-dl
    I see Windows and Linux as supported operating systems. Will it work on Mac?
    "They will walk after the LORD, He will roar like a lion; indeed He will roar and His sons will come trembling from the west." - Hosea 11:10
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Jeikobu View Post
    Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    youtube-dl
    I see Windows and Linux as supported operating systems. Will it work on Mac?
    yes, just follow the instructions - https://ytdl-org.github.io/youtube-dl/download.html
    Quote Quote  
  5. And if you don't want to install youtube-dl, you can use https://Yout.com, just delete the 'ube' from the youtube url to format shift it to an mp3 or mp4
    Last edited by nadermx; 31st Aug 2021 at 14:48.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Any Video Converter

https://www.any-video-converter.com/products/for_video_free/

Cut and paste the YouTube URL and it does the rest. It even prompts you for which resolution you want, and if you want just video or just audio.

It also works with a very wide variety of other websites, to numerous to mention. The vast majority of web sites I've seen that have embedded videos can be handled by AVC, and the support team is interested in hearing from users when there is a web page that doesn't work. (This includes sites that don't want you to download their videos.)

If the video has subtitles, it will download them as well automatically.

Plus it's a very good batch video re-encoder that will handle and fix errors that many other converters won't, has lots of options, can burn DVDs (I haven't tried that), etc.

I've used it for several years and found it's an essential tool on my PCs (and friend's PCs).

Works on Windows and Macintosh. Sorry, but there does not appear to be a Linux version.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I use Downie, it beats the pants off of everything else I've tried. It's not free, but not expensive either. Awesome application ...
    Quote Quote  
  8. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    4K Video Downloader is good too. Though not free but it has a good support behind it.
    Quote Quote