VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am using it for downloading from the cbc olympics site, it downloads and some videos work without a problem but others are stuck at an image or without an image at all "cannot render the file", the addon shows that the download has been completed. Also tried some other downloaders but they didn't work at all, quite frustrating. Any help's appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Post links of the videos you cant download.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by [ss]vegeta View Post
    Post links of the videos you cant download.
    This for example: https://www.cbc.ca/player/play/1919894595537

Used the master.m3u8 HLS 720p 3.2Mbps - MP4

Fully downloaded it and VideoHelper said that it is now ready, but when I try to play it's just stuck at an image and can't be played. No idea what the problem is.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by 111 View Post

Fully downloaded it and VideoHelper said that it is now ready, but when I try to play it's just stuck at an image and can't be played. No idea what the problem is.
    It downloaded just fine with VideoHelper on my end.
    https://gofile.io/d/8gmJOW

Have you tried downloading them again?
    Is it 2.87GB?
    Have you tried another video player?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by 111 View Post

Try with VLC media player.
    discord=notaghost9997
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by [ss]vegeta View Post
    Originally Posted by 111 View Post

It downloaded just fine with VideoHelper on my end.
    https://gofile.io/d/8gmJOW

Have you tried downloading them again?
    Is it 2.87GB?
    Have you tried another video player?
    It's that size, and it plays with another player but only advertisements it seems and the audio is from the middle of the game. Also shows weird frame rates in the file info. Weird is that some files I downloaded work just fine and they have normal frame rates.
    Anyway it must have something to with these annoying ads, they were in my stream I watched but not in your file, and I have Ublock Origin installed, so I am very confused why I get them and you not...
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by 111 View Post
    It's that size, and it plays with another player but only advertisements it seems and the audio is from the middle of the game. Also shows weird frame rates in the file info. Weird is that some files I downloaded work just fine and they have normal frame rates.
    Anyway it must have something to with these annoying ads, they were in my stream I watched but not in your file, and I have Ublock Origin installed, so I am very confused why I get them and you not...
    Try downloading it again.

I used NordVPN, Firefox, DownloadHelper, Windows 10, uBlock Origin and Privacy Badger.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by [ss]vegeta View Post
    Originally Posted by 111 View Post
    Try downloading it again.

I used NordVPN, Firefox, DownloadHelper, Windows 10, uBlock Origin and Privacy Badger.
    Thanks. I just updated my filters and downloaded Privacy Badger, hope it works now. Filename changed to the title after that, I guess they have so many damn ads that normal filters aren't good enough. And stuff like this gets funded by people's taxes...
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by 111 View Post
    downloaded Privacy Badger
    I just mentioned that, in case, but highly doubt it's the culprit
    The filters though and name changes, sounds promising.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Working now. Thanks again.
    Quote Quote  
  11. I have had the same problems, especially with videos from >3 days ago.
    Tried both NordVPN & Express, downloadhelper on both chrome and firefox, mac OS, ublock, but the problem still exists.

When I use youtube-dl tho, it gives me an error message of pes packet size mismatch at the end and some parts of the video loses accompanying audio. Any suggestions on how to fix that except don't use mac LOL thx XD
    Quote Quote