VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. How can i get screenshot like this using ffmpeg command line? i found to extract only one frame but i could not find any command line to create screenshot like this using ffmpeg.

https://forum.videohelp.com/images/imgfiles/xGcbp4F.jpg

currently i using mtn file. i got an output like this https://forum.videohelp.com/images/imgfiles/Z9fxzWV.jpg

it's like mtn movie thumbnailer could not read the middle of the video file time line. it happened for couple of video file. i tried few other command line for mtn movie thumbnailer but result is same. so i want to test with FFMPEG.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Try ffmpeg tile filter.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Something like:
    Code:
    ffmpeg -i %1 -vf "select='eq(pict_type,I)',scale=192:-2,tile=2x4" -vsync 0 "%1_preview_I_frame_%%06d.png"
    Last edited by pandy; 26th Jul 2021 at 15:49.
    Quote Quote  
  4. thank you, it's working fine.

it seems ffmpeg or mtn having trouble to read files for that particular files. anyway for ffmpeg i used `--ss 00:05:00` and tried the `tile=2x4` mode. ffmpeg made the screenshot but it made all screenshot close to 5 min duration. default settings take random frame screenshot. is there anyway i can set from which duration ffmpeg will start to take screenshot and add the time interval as well? like start to take screenshot from --ss 00:05:00 and give 2min interval to take next images?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Use the seconds formula:

Code:
    ffmpeg -i input -filter_complex "select='not(mod(n,120))',scale=120:-1,tile=layout=3x2:padding=4" -vframes 1 -q:v 2 output.jpg
    Select one frame every 120 seconds
    Scale each frame to a smaller size (alternatively you can scale after tile)
    Tile each frame into one image. Default grid size is 3x2, Padding between images is 4 pixels
    You may have to adjust that with layout depending on how many images you want to display.

[Attachment 60080 - Click to enlarge]
    Last edited by Budman1; 27th Jul 2021 at 23:01.
    Quote Quote  
  6. i am not sure but is't `scale=xx` using for the the image wide?

may be use this?
    -vf fps=1/100

Code:
    https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/Create%20a%20thumbnail%20image%20every%20X%20seconds%20of%20the%20video
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    may be use this?
    -vf fps=1/100
    Not sure... I prefer not to affect fps size or time for adjustments. It can cause too many computations for me. I prefer to work with actual pixels for width,height,resize, etc.

The scale=120:-1 says scale the width to 120 pixels and the height proportional to the oruiginal aspect (-1)

select='not(mod(n,120)) means select 1 frame every 120 seconds (2 minutes)

padding=4 means separate each image by 4 pixels. So:

3x120 =360 plus 2 gaps of 4=8 total is 368 pxels, as shown by the screen ruler
    Quote Quote  
  8. thank you so much, i mixed up with scale and "select='not(mod(n,120))". my bad.

i added -ss 00:10:00 and then i added select='not(mod(n,200)). i got the desire output screenshot.
    Quote Quote  
  9. You can also use dedicated thumbnail filter for this task or combine it with previously used select .
    Quote Quote