VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi, i have a couple of ISO files of two films sent by a tec savy friend and im trying to convert them so a mp4 or something like it so i can play them. on opening them with 7zip i get a bunch of video and audio files (which are apparently playable in separate bits) but how do i combine them into a singe MP4. I Could ask him to explain but don't want to admit im dumb to him lol

the contents are Video_TS.BUP (x5) Video_TS.IFO (x5), Video_TS.VOB (x12) and VTS_0.IFO plus VTS_0.VOB files ???

Any help appreciated
    Quote Quote  
  2. You have a DVD. You can burn that ISO to disc and play it in a DVD player. Use ImgBurn and point it to the ISO. You can extract the files and play the DVD in a software DVD player. You can also extract the files and open them in some program that accepts VOB files as input in order to convert them to MP4. But I wouldn't do that.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    You can use handbrake. Double click iso file, go to handbrake, and rip the iso

Go to presets, change it to "production standard", and use yadif for interleaving.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by manono View Post
    You have a DVD. You can burn that ISO to disc and play it in a DVD player. Use ImgBurn and point it to the ISO. You can extract the files and play the DVD in a software DVD player. You can also extract the files and open them in some program that accepts VOB files as input in order to convert them to MP4. But I wouldn't do that.
    Who uses dvd players these days
    Quote Quote  
  5. An ISO file is basically an image of a DVD disk. Windows 10 can open that file and create a virtual DVD drive on your PC. It will show up as a new drive letter. Then play it using the Windows DVD player. You probably will have to change the settings back so that Windows opens an ISO file instead of 7-zip.
    Quote Quote