VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi

I have downloaded Videocutter. When I try to open it, I get a warning about the fact that it was not downloaded from the App Store, and I click the option which says 'Open' (in effect, saying, "I'm not worried about that"). At this stage the Videocutter icon is in my dock. But as soon as I click that 'Open' button, the icon disappears from the docks, the screen appears to 'flash', but the application does not open.

I've tried it several times now. VC appears to be successfully installed on my machine, 153mb.

I have El Capital 10.11.16 installed on an iMac. It's not the newest iMac, probably 6 or 7 years old, just wondering if anyone knows what the prob might be.

Thanks.

Philip
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by PhilJ View Post
    Hi

I have downloaded Videocutter. When I try to open it, I get a warning about the fact that it was not downloaded from the App Store, and I click the option which says 'Open' (in effect, saying, "I'm not worried about that"). At this stage the Videocutter icon is in my dock. But as soon as I click that 'Open' button, the icon disappears from the docks, the screen appears to 'flash', but the application does not open.

I've tried it several times now. VC appears to be successfully installed on my machine, 153mb.

I have El Capital 10.11.16 installed on an iMac. It's not the newest iMac, probably 6 or 7 years old, just wondering if anyone knows what the prob might be.

Thanks.

Philip
    see this page here - https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202491
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks october262. Curious thing is, I'd already set my Mac security settings to allow download of apps from 'anywhere'. That makes me think that I am caught here (taken from Apple support link you gave me):

"If you see this warning, it means that the app was not notarized, and Apple could not scan the app for known malicious software. You may want to look for an updated version of the app in the App Store or look for an alternative app."

But if that's the case, it means I simply cannot run Videocutter on my Mac if I'm also running Catalina or later, which seems highly restrictive.

I'm not wedded to Videocutter. If anyone knows of a Mac-friendly app which will all me to cut down an MP4, it's be great to have your recommendation.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by PhilJ View Post
    Thanks october262. Curious thing is, I'd already set my Mac security settings to allow download of apps from 'anywhere'. That makes me think that I am caught here (taken from Apple support link you gave me):

"If you see this warning, it means that the app was not notarized, and Apple could not scan the app for known malicious software. You may want to look for an updated version of the app in the App Store or look for an alternative app."

But if that's the case, it means I simply cannot run Videocutter on my Mac if I'm also running Catalina or later, which seems highly restrictive.

I'm not wedded to Videocutter. If anyone knows of a Mac-friendly app which will all me to cut down an MP4, it's be great to have your recommendation.

Thanks.
    there is a video cut video editor available on the app store - https://apps.apple.com/us/app/video-cut-video-editor/id1153154310
    Quote Quote