VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I noticed a weird glitch in one of my videos, and I'd love to hear your opinions on its possible causes and fixes.

Screenshot:
    https://forum.videohelp.com/images/imgfiles/TExegrD.png

Sample:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/pguzhh83w9q8tzr/glitch.mkv?dl=1 (554.26 KB)

As you can see, the animation looks like it's interlaced.

I tried playing it with MPC-BE v1.5.8, VLC v3.0.16, Google Chrome's player, and even Dropbox' player but the glitch was still there.

I also re-encoded it using ffmpeg v4.4 with the following parameters, but still no luck:
    Code:
    ffmpeg -i glitch.mkv -vf yadif -c:v libx264 -preset veryslow -crf 18 -c:a copy output.mp4
    ffmpeg -i glitch.mkv -vf yadif -c:v libx265 -preset veryslow -crf 18 -c:a copy output2.mp4
    ffmpeg -i glitch.mkv -vf bwdif -c:v libx264 -preset veryslow -crf 18 -c:a copy output.mp4
    ffmpeg -i glitch.mkv -vf bwdif -c:v libx265 -preset veryslow -crf 18 -c:a copy output2.mp4
    Thanks in a advance
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You're out of luck with that clip. Who ever created it did not handle the titles; they were interlaced originally,
    but the fields have been merged and blended into the progressive frames
    Quote Quote  
  3. Wild guess: someone used either frame interpolation to get it's source to a higher fps, or used blend deinterlacing in a bad way.
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Badly blended interlaced video. You can blend it even more until lines are gone but that's about it
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Just a little tip for future use.

Always, if possible, post samples as attachments in the topic. Then they are available for latter users who could have similar problems when the external sources are no longer available.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Many thanks for your help, everyone!
    @DB83, Thanks for the tip!
    Quote Quote