VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have an inexpensive Leelbox Digital Converter Box/PVR. It was $20. For the price it is great. I replaced one purchased two years ago for $40. I use it primarily for OTA recording. It records files in .MTS format. VLC on a Mac or Linux system can read them fine. Quicktime on a Mac can read many, but has trouble sometimes. Linux Celluloid app does very well. So great! I can watch them on other devices.

The weird part is the behavior of the Leelbox itself when things are deleted manually from the recording disk. It seems to get lost and maybe won’t view all the remaining files, but some it will. It will NOT read the same MTS files it recorded if just placed on a USB stick and put into the Leelbox. Other software plays the ones on the USB fine. I have another USB stick that has EVERYTHING on it, just a copy of the hard drive used to record. Everything on it seems to play fine when plugged into the Leelbox.

So this appears to be a database issue? You should only delete using the Leelbox? I can restore all the original files and delete them using the Leelbox.

The disk was full from hitting “Record” then forgetting to stop! Maybe 12 hours recorded in some cases. It would automatically break them up when it hit the 4.2 Gb limit of the fat32 disk. That’s good. Software didn’t recognize the extention .mts1, mts2, etc, but they are perfectly fine .mts files.

This is a very general Android TV box. The Aluratek one sold at Bestbuy seems very much the same. I believe the manual is identical. Identically bad and minimal! LOL. Can’t complain for the price, it does get you going, but describes non existent features. There are many of these boxes, all basically the same design and appear to use the same software.

Any thoughts on managing the recordings would be appreciated. I probably need to see if I can restore it and delete on the box. That is a pain, as you can’t always see which are the big ones. I can always keep track elsewhere to see which need deleting and delete on the Leelbox.

Setting up a recording for this is like setting a VCR to record in 1988, but hey, it works!
    Last edited by DeePhones; 17th Jul 2021 at 19:13.
    Quote Quote